“Great Amalfi Coast Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Positano
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Tagliata is a family restaurant no fancy, we do not have menu a la carte but we provide our house menu for a fixed price of Euro 35 per persons,in the kitchen there are Mamma and Papa whom cook the typical dishes of our house menu: vegetables from the gardens ( parmigiana di melanzane, zucchini, egg- plants, beas,pea,salami, parma ham , ricotta, mozzarella etc..Trittico di pasat ( three differnt kind of home-made pasta called also mamma's pasta than mixed and grilled meat .. Potatoes and green salad form our gardens ,, fruits of the seasons, mix of desserts our house wine is included. However concering the wine I would like point here that we also have our wine list so it means that guests whom like have differnt wine can chooice and select from it , our list provide a vast range of the best and famous Italian wine . We also provide a free pick up in case you stay in positano area , we suggest to make resrevation at least 10 days in advance thanks for your attention have a nice saty in Positano. PS: we also have lovely rooms in our famrhouse and also we arrange cooking class have a look in the link of things to do in Positano.
“Great Amalfi Coast Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

While La Tagliata did seem a bit touristy, with van loads of people being shuttled up to top of the mountains above Positano, it did still manage to feel like you were in someone's home. With welcome greetings by family members, lovely terraced gardens, and great views through the clouds it really was a memorable meal. We never saw a menu, or prices for that matter.....which made us a little hesitant...but we went with it. House wine was brought out continuously through the meal, along with dish after dish of antipasti, vegetables, pastas grilled meats, and desserts; all served family style. This is a meal that is great fun for a group of friends. Although the meal had many simple foods (beans, spinach,broccoli rabe), they were all tasty,comforting, and you will not go hungry. At 35€ per person this was an experience well
worth the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Dallas
“Wonderful meal and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I attended a rehearsal dinner in June at La Tagliata. After the long drive up the mountain I wasn't sure what to expect. But we were all blown away by the views, the food, the people, the entertainment and the overall experience. We ate and ate (the food was delicious and plentiful, my favorite of our trip).... and then we sang, laughed, danced and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The entire group agreed it was one EPIC rehearsal dinner and by far one of the best memories of the trip. Please take the time to add this restaurant to you itinerary--you won't be sorry!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bucharest, Romania
“Best dinner on Costa Amalfitana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went to this restaurant following a friend's recommendation. This was the best meal we had during our 6-day trip to Costa Amslfitana, so we ended up going there twice. It is very different from the very touristic places where you get lousy service and lousy food. At La Tagliata, people care to make you feel welcome, the portions are very generous, the service is wonderful and you get the chance to experience some authentic Italian dishes. I advise to check the location in advance, as it is difficult to reach (top of the mountain, narrow road) or ask the restaurant for their shuttle service. Also, check in advance whether there is live music that day and book a table in the hall where the performance is. It's a great experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose
“This is THE PLACE for authentic Italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were in Italy for about three weeks, and this was one of the only places where I felt like I was really dining in Italy. The food was amazing. There's no menu, and I loved not having to choose what I wanted to eat. An amazing smorgasbord of dishes were brought out and I just kept eating, and eating every delicious bite. My husband and I both enjoyed the first three courses so much, that we hardly had any room for the meat course or the dessert (of course, we managed to fit some anyway). This was definitely worth every penny, and we were surprised how reasonably priced our dinner was. Amazing experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Terrible experience ...ruined by staff rudeness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Went to this restaurant with my boyfriend on recommendations of many of my colleagues who absolutely love it. They told me I didn't need reservations but when we showed up for dinner I realized that having reservations would definitively be a better idea. We were told to wait for an hour (which turned out to be an hour and a half in the end), we decided to wait as it took us a long time to drive up to the place. When we finally got the table our server (the guy with the short pony tail, extremely rude) already seemed fed up with everything didn't bother letting us know that it was 30 euros for all the courses you order so, assuming this was a fancy restaurant, we ordered conservatively- appetizers to split and a 4 pasta plate to share as well. Their home wine was not good at all. When we got the bill and saw the price we realized we have been totally hosed because we could've skipped all the appetizers and gone straight to the good stuff!! Anyways, the food was okay, nothing special, but my experience was definitely ruined by rude staff....the beautiful view didn't even make me feel better about the rudeness of the staff !! Sorry...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere