A lovely hotel in a great setting. We didn’t plump for one of the sea-view rooms, as we booked late in the day, and while the rooms are not sumptuously furnished, they’re clean and comfortable and fitted our needs perfectly. We stayed for 5 nights on the half-board option and the food in the restaurant was of extremely high-quality. However, if you don’t want to take this option, there’s a small restaurant/bar directly behind the hotel and in Scaglieri, which is only a 5-10mins walk away, there are another couple of beach side pizzeria’s/restaurants which all looked nice and very reasonable. The hotel is also only a short stroll away from its sister hotel, The Hermitage. The beach at biodola is wonderful with clean white sand and crystal clear sea and you’re allocated your own sun-loungers on arrival on the hotels private beach. Beach towels were available for 1EURO/day. As the entire island is pretty small no-where takes very long to reach by car. We visited Porto Azzurro, Capoliveri and Marina del Campo but agreed that biodola probably offered one of the nicest settings and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the magnificent Biodola bay, the hotel has a large private sand beach, 8 clay tennis courts, 9-hole golf course.The hotel's restaurant is famous for its exquisite cuisine and service. Maitu' beach restaurant offers a range of Tuscan specialties. Rooms and suites all with terrace, have all the comforts one would expect of a top-class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Biodola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biodola Hotel Portoferraio
- Hotel Biodola Elba Island, Italy - Portoferraio