Expensive place to stay so it has to be very good. Sadly fell down on a few things which is why I only gave 4 out of 5. On the plus, great service from the staff most of the time.
Fantastic view from our room which also had a really nice balcony. The sun shone every day when the rest of Italy had rain and clouds, this place seemed to have its own weather system. Drinks are very expensive 9 euros for a small bottle of beer. Basic bottle of red about 40 euros. Small compensation in that the mini bar is inclusive but its not enough. The food is generally excellent however we ate in the Pelligrill one afternoon and it was really average. 45 euros for the mains, per person for fish of the day with a few grilled vegetables is ridiculous. It was not even nice, frankly my local fish and chip shop does a better meal than that! In hindsight I wish I had complained at the time.
The hotel location is really quite isolated and once you are here you tend to stay put. Its a good 3/4 hour walk up and down hills to Porto Ercole.
Room service we like to do a lot but there was not a lot of space in our room for this.
Also no wine or drinks list in the room is a disadvantage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Il Pellicano is a member of The Leading Hotel of the World.Magnificently located on a terraced hillside in an exclusive and secluded corner of the Tuscan coast, IL PELLICANO blends beauty, luxury and tranquility with rare touches you will only find at an independent hotel: attention to detail, service witha genuine smile, and pride in delivering a uniquely gratifying experience to the world’s most demanding clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole