Built on a rock this is an interesting example of architecture of the 60s, but no fear, the building and especially the bathrooms have been updated and are perfectly comfortable which can be expected for the room rates.
There is no beach, but platforms in the rocks and a smallish, but well heated pool. Also the gardens are well kept and pleasant.
We staid here by accident because their sister property, the Posta Vecchia had the kindness to transfer our reservation to Il Pellicano to spare us the experience mixing with a Russian group having some kind of celebration there.
Il Pellicano being obviously a place for the rich and beautiful (who and this being a consolation are not so beautiful and rather bored and boring people to have as fellow guests), we have been despite not being part of their target group treated with a lot of kindness and attention. Of course I would rather not pay their room rates, but there is that fantastic chef Antonio Guida here who is worth a trip himself. (Read my report on the restaurant Il Pellicano).
This place can be highly recommended for people looking for privacy when money does not matter. I will be back for sampling Antonio's food.
(Strangely there is some nickel and diming with room service breakfast charged EUR 20 supplement per person which is outrageous. This is written on the order form - I did actually not try it as their terrace is fantastic. So perhaps they actually do no charge this for real.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Il Pellicano is a member of The Leading Hotel of the World.Magnificently located on a terraced hillside in an exclusive and secluded corner of the Tuscan coast, IL PELLICANO blends beauty, luxury and tranquility with rare touches you will only find at an independent hotel: attention to detail, service witha genuine smile, and pride in delivering a uniquely gratifying experience to the world’s most demanding clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole