I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I chose it looking in the web, and must say was up to my expectations. The absolute best is the location: 5 min to Porto Cervo, in fact you look onto the entrace of the port and the bay where the boats sail (it is closer to Porto Cervo Marina, an absolute place to visit), the views are stunning, and the grounds are big and beautiful. Private mini-beach and embarkment included. They even have an heliport ??
This said, better to have a car (free parking), taxis are expensive, walking to the village is quite far away and on a very bad road. The Hotel has a van service for the guests, that I did not try.
And it seems that as they are aware of having the best place, they do not take the effort to polish many other things. If they did, they still have a big potential to grow and become a big resort. Let´s say thay have the hardware, but do not use the software.
Price is ok, given porto Cervo's prices. But everything else you have (food, drinks,..), be prepared to pay at 5 * rate.
Room is ok , though not big. Cleaning is Ok. Food is expensive for me, specially at the pool bar. Breakfast is probably of better quality than its presentation, seems to be under-sold. It does not seem to be a 5 star breakfast.
The pool (well, 3 salted water beautiful pools not for swimming) and the mini-beach have a very good and expensive service. The lifeguards also give very good service, better than what you perceive, in fact.
I could say many other things, but you keep turning around. They have the potential, but do not top off. Anyway. I have to say that I would repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first time visitor of COLONNA RESORT, which is about 2 Km from Marina of Porto Cervo, is struck by the orderliness, by the streets, by the villas, the lawns, the rocks, the perfume of the wild vegetation, by the view of the entrance way of the old port of Porto Cervo, that harbors, in the medium and high season, the most beautiful and exclusive boats in the world. THE HOTEL The COLONNA RESORT extends in an area of about 60.000 m², near of the "Cala Granu" beach, in the north of Porto Cervo. The Resort, with sober lines typical of Mediterranean architectural style, it's surrounded by a 50'000 m² park spotted with strawberry trees, myrtle plants and junipers, where the sea, the hills and the surrounding green are the natural frame of this exclusive dwelling, dominated, often, by granite of its confinement walls. Building, sea and nature fuse in perfection, in a unique scenery of rare beauty. THE ROOMS The Resort includes 250 rooms, with numerous deluxe and Suites, almost all of them with balconies or terraces with sea view, luxuriously furnished with every comfort. All the rooms are reachable through various central lifts from a grand hallway situated in the entrance of the Resort. THE RESOURCES 2 restaurants and 2 bars, open spaces for meeting or congress till 650 persons seated, complete the structure. The Resort also offers a Tennis Club with numerous courts and a practice field for Golf, in addition to various boutiques, wellness centre, private garages some of which covered, heliport, a hotel at the beach with the necessary solariums in wood, and coves cut out of the Northern Sardinia rocks. Other services include the choice of different field trips, by boat or with private cars, in addition to the renting of cars, motorbikes and chartering of speed boats. THE SWIMMING POOLS The pools of sea water with solariums, waterfalls, islands and hydro massage corners, are located on different levels and from the rooms reach out to sea, often with extraordinary waterfalls. The solarium and the pool have a surface area of about 8500 m2 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Colonna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonna Hotel Porto Cervo
- Colonna Resort Porto Cervo, Sardinia