We arrived at our hotel late after we arrived at the Sardinian Port in Olbia after taking a ferry from Civitavechhia. The cost to have a private shuttle was 140 euro each way. I recommend getting your own car if you want to save money - all taxi services are expensive. Although the location of the place was gorgeous - I would have expected more out of the hotel. It was the single most expensive hotel room i have ever willingly purchased (so maybe my expectations were set too high in the beginning), but I assumed with the price you would also get both the service and the amenities. The only value prop beyond the view was the free breakfast. The staff were NOT friendly and some were genuinely rude. The nicest person who was the only one who proactively spoke to me was the bellman who checked me into our room - he should be promoted!! Although we are American, we are world travelers and have spent years in Asia as expats and this hotel may tick all the boxes to be a 5 star hotel, I would say - be ready to spend money like you would at a 5 star resort and be prepared to be ignored unless you need something - and be prepared to feel like an unwanted foreigner who should be lucky to stay in this hotel. Although it is a bit rusty, my second degree in college was Italian, so even though I could speak the language - I didn't get any special exceptions either. They clearly cater to an Italian wealthy Italian clientele and foreigners were scarce while we were there. We came as a family of 4 and be prepared that they do not accept more than 3 people in any room. So not only did I have to pay outrageous rates for 1 room - but I had to do it for 2 rooms. The rooms were clean - but the beds and the furniture was minimal and cheap (or seemed so). Don't trust the photos, they oversell the "poshness" of the hotel. We sat at the pool two days in a row and no one even came over to see if we wanted a drink. I waited until the end of our trip to write this review to see if I was being too hard on the hotel and maybe this is just the way the fancy hotels in Italy are. We stayed in Tuscany at some luxury apartments in Volterra and also at a 5 star Hilton in Venice. These plus our small hotel at the base of the Spanish Steps all exceeded the Colonna Rsort Hotel. I even read some of the poor reviews before I went here and thought they seemed to rough given the pictures. The photos of the grounds definitely sell the hotel, but be prepared - that is about all you get and you pay again again and again while you are there. Sardinia is well worth the trip - the Colonna is not worth the very high price tag. Theee are plenty of beautiful views all around and many other hotels who can take advantage of it at a much more reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first time visitor of COLONNA RESORT, which is about 2 Km from Marina of Porto Cervo, is struck by the orderliness, by the streets, by the villas, the lawns, the rocks, the perfume of the wild vegetation, by the view of the entrance way of the old port of Porto Cervo, that harbors, in the medium and high season, the most beautiful and exclusive boats in the world. THE HOTEL The COLONNA RESORT extends in an area of about 60.000 m², near of the "Cala Granu" beach, in the north of Porto Cervo. The Resort, with sober lines typical of Mediterranean architectural style, it's surrounded by a 50'000 m² park spotted with strawberry trees, myrtle plants and junipers, where the sea, the hills and the surrounding green are the natural frame of this exclusive dwelling, dominated, often, by granite of its confinement walls. Building, sea and nature fuse in perfection, in a unique scenery of rare beauty. THE ROOMS The Resort includes 250 rooms, with numerous deluxe and Suites, almost all of them with balconies or terraces with sea view, luxuriously furnished with every comfort. All the rooms are reachable through various central lifts from a grand hallway situated in the entrance of the Resort. THE RESOURCES 2 restaurants and 2 bars, open spaces for meeting or congress till 650 persons seated, complete the structure. The Resort also offers a Tennis Club with numerous courts and a practice field for Golf, in addition to various boutiques, wellness centre, private garages some of which covered, heliport, a hotel at the beach with the necessary solariums in wood, and coves cut out of the Northern Sardinia rocks. Other services include the choice of different field trips, by boat or with private cars, in addition to the renting of cars, motorbikes and chartering of speed boats. THE SWIMMING POOLS The pools of sea water with solariums, waterfalls, islands and hydro massage corners, are located on different levels and from the rooms reach out to sea, often with extraordinary waterfalls. The solarium and the pool have a surface area of about 8500 m2 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Colonna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonna Hotel Porto Cervo
- Colonna Resort Porto Cervo, Sardinia