“needs to improve” 3 of 5 stars

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“needs to improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

it took us ages to find this zoo because it had no signage and when we got their the admisssion was medium priced. there is a nice restaurant with nice food such as pasta's, salad's, meat's and lots more. the first part of the zoo is nice with new, large, clean, cages, their is brown bears, wolves, lynxes, birds, leopards, deer and lots more. the middle part of the zoo smells as their is a petting-farm with goats, sheep, rabbits then we saw camels, polar bears in a horrible cage, more birds, a very nice lion and tiger cage with lots of educational facts, flamingoes and ducks and also a poor sealion cage. the next part is the african themed the cages are tiny, old and dirty this includes: giraffe's, hippo's, rhino's, elephant's, ostriche's, merrkats and more. then their is lots of birds, a small smelly kangaroo and emu cage, a nice reptile house and crocodiles plus a few more cages. at the end their is a nice gift shop. overall it really needs to improve some of its cages as they are tiny, smelly, old and dirty but there is a few nice cages.

Visited May 2012

Eemnes, The Netherlands
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This Zoo is great to visit, also on a warmer day. There are a lot of trees so there is a lot of shadow in the Zoo. The areas for the animals are great but for the bigger ones they are a little bit too small (Elefants/ Hippo's/ Giraffes).

Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Even if I don't like to see the animals in cage ,I have to recognise that the zoo is very big and the animals are kept in good conditions.

Visited June 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You CAN'T miss this zoo!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I love animals. I came with my brother, sister and my mom. It's a very small zoo but very fun!! You can get so close to the animals! It's amazing! I got to pet a Giraffe! They have a very large selection of birds. I wasn't very fond of the birds but other wise I was quite impressed! The zoo kinda reminded me of the movie "We Bought A Zoo". It's very quiet and there wasn't very many people there!! It didn't take us very long to do the zoo. About 2 hours. But I don't regret it at all!!! If you happen to stop at pistoia or are staying close to, make sure you can make plans for this zoo!! It's one you won't want to miss!! Plus it's very easy to get to the zoo, just take the train to pistoia, then take a cab or the bus that is right by the train station and will take you to the zoo!! Don't miss this zoo!

London-ish
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good and bad.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This zoo is a bit of a mix. You get in and there's a pretty good bear enclosure. The tigers and lions are fairly well set up too. My problems with this place were the really poor enclosures for the elephants, giraffes, zebra, rhino and sealion. Just a concrete slab to walk up and down on, the sort of thing you used to see in England in the 80's. I'm quite into my nature and wildlife and I found it really sad.

The two year old daughter didn't seem to mind though.