“A change of direction” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Vannini

Villa Vannini
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pistoia
Villa Vannini
Save Saved
You added Villa Vannini to your Saves list
Villa di Piteccio, 51030 Pistoia, Italy   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Pistoia
A TripAdvisor Member
“A change of direction”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2005

I first stayed at the villa Vannini in 1992 after selecting it from a small hotel guide book. It proved to be an exceptional hotel, which although idiosyncratic in many ways became the epitome of what a good family run hotel should be. Whenever during the year I wished to be elsewhere, the Vannini would always be my first choice of location for pure isolation and relaxation. Although minor changes always took place between visits the hotel maintained its position as my number one, without hesitation. Excellent food, wine, rooms and service combined with what always seemed far too small a bill made the hotel a joy to stay at. I returned in 2005 to find the hotel under new management, and although still a real gem, had become little more than a restaurant with rooms. So much attention was payed to the production of the evenings A la Carte menu that basic expectations of hospitality fell by the wayside. Twice finding myself locked out during the day whilst food was 'sourced'and finding any form of terrace service difficult whilst the meal was prepared from lunchtime onwards. For the first time I felt that I was 'in the way' as a guest, and as such shall not be returning in the near future. The hotel is still exceptional in many ways, but if an evening meal is not the sole focus of your life possibly best avoided.

• Stayed August 2005

Families
Solo
Business

Been to Villa Vannini? Share your experiences!