“Restful for body and soul” 5 of 5 stars

Agriturismo Villa de' Fiori
5.0 of 5 Villa   |   di Bigiano e castel Bovani 39, 51100 Pistoia, Italy   |
Ranked #12 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Pistoia
Stockholm, Sweden
“Restful for body and soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Thank you, Villa de Fiori for letting us rest and recover from our business everyday lives. Your villa is like coming home - you welcome us as part of the family and spoil us with beautiful surroundings and amazing food. And you outshine any 5-star hotel because everything is personal from breakfast, to coffee in the lounge, to dinner. We already loved you when we visited you 4 years ago - and it is amazing what you have done to make it even better since. We will be back whenever we need a rest and some true Tuscany style pampering.

Room Tip: My Italian is not perfect - if I did not give perfect scores above, it may be because I did not unde...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Guizerix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stunning location, close to town and all its wonderful buildings, but totally tranquil. All we could hear were birds singing and insects stridulating. The swimming pool was wonderful and, to correct one of the other reviewers, drinks were readily available all evening at the swimming pool bar. A wonderful place to stay and the staff are helpful and give a very warm welcome. The food was excellent too.. And bes of all QUIET AIRCO

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful and quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Let me start by saying its a really beautiful place. My boyfriend and I wanted to have a countryside experience and chose the Villa Dei Fiori based on TA and agriturismo.it reviews as well as the beautiful pictures that were available on both websites. The place looks exactly like the pictures. Food from the restaurant was very good, albeit a limited offering for vegetarians if you don't want pasta, or dont have anyone to share a risotto with.
The atmosphere wasnt really our thing - it was a bit too stiff in my opinion. Most of the hotels we stayed in were family-run, friendly hotels and this was something we really missed in this place. Most people staying here were older couples and families - there was no opportunity to have a drink after 10PM as the restaurant closed at that time, and the lights literally went out. We relished the night there was a buffet at the swimming pool as some locals came to the villa and there was actually a bit more of a lively atmosphere. I guess most people come to this place for relaxation, understandable but I guess its not for us :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having traveled to Europe from the USA many times, my friend and I found the villa to be a most relaxing and welcoming accommodation for our two week stay. Rooms were spacious, and meals were beautifully prepared with a Tuscan flair. When not traveling we relaxed by the pool and enjoyed a fantastic massage.
The hospitality was superb! The staff was charming. We highly recommend villa de Fiori.

Room Tip: Suites give kitchen accommodations. There is not a fitness center but a pool and a play area for chi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed at this beautiful hotel (Inn is probably a better word) in June. I did an awful lot of hunting for a nice place at a good price. The online pictures do not even do this place justice. This is a beautiful place. The staff was so pleasant and helpful. The owner is almost always onsite and everyone there really caters to you and makes you feel like old friends.

This is a countryside haven close enough to the cities and old villages of Northern Tuscany to allow you to see it all while preserving some sanity which frankly the cities do not provide no matter how beautiful and full of art they are. We have stayed in the cities and the countryside before and to us the countryside is the ultimate Italian experience. It was just spectacular. The location was quite convenient as it is halfway between Pisa and Florence.

The hotel features a Michelin rated restaurant where dinner for 3 adults with a 4 course meal and wine ran us about 14 US Dollars – Quite a deal ! They also have a massage room and brought in a masseuse who gave one of the better massages I have ever had. Pistoia is in Italian spa territory so there are lot of spa options nearby as well should you choose to spend a day at a spa.

We would highly recommend this place and would not hesitate to go back either on our own or with a group. This is top of the line without being stuffy or pretentious.

Room Tip: Ask the owners... they are great. we only know the room we had which was in the original building. W...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I decided to have my wedding weekend at Villa de’ Fiori because my husband and I wanted a place in Tuscany where we could plan our dream wedding. It was the most incredible day of our lives, and I know that it would not have been possible if we did not have it at Villa de’ Fiori. Everything from the moment we arrived was perfection, and I will do my best to describe my experience without writing a novel.
Location – The villa is located in the most beautiful part of Tuscany, just outside the small town of Pistoia. It was easy to the city by train, and a quick ride to the villa by cab. The villa is surrounded by beautiful Tuscan hills and makes you really appreciate getting out of the city for vacation. The Villa itself is a perfect combination of traditional Italian décor with modern conveniences. The villa is incredibly clean and very well maintained. The rooms are unique with their own decoration and truly allow you to relax and enjoy the environment. The pool was clean and the gardens around it are beautiful. There was even a kid area where my friend’s could bring their son to play. We ate in the breakfast room, outside on the patio, and inside in a dining room; they were all wonderful and very well managed. The villa is a perfect example of Italian style updated to today’s standards.
Food – When we arrived at the villa, we got a tour of their vegetable and herb garden. It was so great to see the villa growing their own food and I was happy to know that that my food was so fresh. We had 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners while we were there for the weekend. Without a doubt, they were the best meals of my life. I had many of our wedding guests say the same, the best meals we ever had. Not only was the food delicious, but it was served with such incredible artistry. The plating was beautiful. I truly felt like we were at a 5 star restaurant all weekend. We had a wonderful variety of Italian dishes that were prepared with local and organic food. I was so thankful that the head chef and his team were able to come out towards the end of the dinner so I could personally thank them and applaud them. They are true artists with a passion for fine food.
Staff – When I began my search for a location for our wedding, I was taken back how fast and efficient Elisa returned my emails. It was my first indication of how well this villa is operated. The moment we arrived at that villa, our bags were taken to our room and we were welcomed by everyone that worked there. Elisa was there to take care of all little details for the wedding. She is an incredible event planner, very detail oriented, and always with a smile on her face. The day of our wedding, the weather was not in our favor. As I wanted an outdoor wedding, I requested (20 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start!) we change the setting of the wedding ceremony that had been set up inside, to the outdoor gardens. Elisa just smiled and said we can do it because it was what I preferred. I was so happy she was there for our special day, I know it would not have run smoothly without here. The decorations for our wedding were managed by Carla. The morning of my wedding I saw our flowers, arch and ceremony décor for our wedding. It was breathtaking. Healthy and fresh flowers, with little personal touches that I had hoped for. Over my year of wedding planning with the villa, I had sent a few pictures so they could see my style for the wedding. I cannot believe that people I have never met, were able to plan such an amazing and personal day for us. At the end of the weekend, I hugged Carla and received the tightest hug in return. She brought so much beauty to our wedding day. I like to think of Gian Paolo as our Maestro for the weekend. He is the reason this villa runs so well. He is an incredible manager, and incredible host, and an incredible person. We had a wine tasting event the day before our wedding with all the wedding guests, and Gian Paolo showed us his vast knowledge and experience for his position. He was a gracious and fun, and we even learned a thing or two about wine! For the rest of the staff (Lucia, Daniele, and everyone else!), thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the most incredible weekend of our lives. It is because of you all that our wedding became a dream come true.
Our only regret is that we did not stay more than a few days. We look forward to visiting for our anniversaries in the many years to come. Grazie mille Villa de’ Fiori!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a family wedding at the villa a month ago. It could have not been more perfect! The staff went above and beyond to make sure the wedding, as well as our stay, was amazing. The food could not have been better. I would recommend Villa de' Fiori to anyone and hopefully we will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Agriturismo Villa de' Fiori? Share your experiences!