“Lovely but Quiet, Car essential!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Torre di Catilina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pistoia
Torre di Catilina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Forra Sanguinaria, 81 | Loc. Piana dei Vaioni, 51100 Pistoia, Italy   |
Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Pistoia
Limerick, Ireland
“Lovely but Quiet, Car essential!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

I booked this accommodation last minute on the web. Got it including flights from Ireland for €580 per person and that included car hire (which I think is essential!). I was nervous about staying here at first because the only trace of it that I could find on the internet was its own website. I like to read about places before booking and this is the first time I took a chance. We flew into Pisa, collected our hire car and got to the residence with the help of Sat Nav shortly after 7. There are 24 apartments, run by one man who spoke at least 3 languages fluently, Italian, German and French. Didn't have much English but tried his best. Our apartment was on one level, some have an upstairs. The room was clean, basic but still had all the neccessities. The bed was a fold out couch which wasn't very comfy but we got by. The pool area was beautiful and there were always sun loungers available.

On the website it mentions that there's a bar and restaurant. In the week I never saw anyone get food there and the bar was fairly basic too. A few beers, wine and maybe a few spirits. Very very quiet at night. Its about 3 kilometres outside the town of Pistoia, 30 mins from Florence and approx 50 mins from Pisa.

I'd recommend this as a base for exploring the beautiful Tuscany. It's in no way luxury but is clean and has free airconditioning. There is a small TV in the room with one English news channel and the rest Italian.

I definately recommend a trip to Lucca, Florence and Pisa while there, Lucca's really pretty but be careful of the pedestrianised area in the middle. Sat Nav is very handy and as I said I definately advise people to hire a car while here.

• Liked — Pool area was quiet, always had sun loungers. Beautiful scenery. Plenty of Parking.
  • Disliked — Was very very quiet, car needed.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Business

Been to Torre di Catilina? Share your experiences!