“Great Downtown Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 51 Orvieto B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“Great Downtown Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this great location within two blocks from the Duomo. Serena went out of her way to make sure that we were comfortable. She is born and raised in Orvieto, so knows pretty much everything about the area. We were able to listen to the people down below room, but closing the shutters removed any sound from outside the room

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
greater london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have spent a weekend at the Magnolia with some of my friends. The lady who run the place was really nice and helpful, whilst we booked an apartment for 5, the lady thought that was more convenient for us to have 2 rooms, a double room for me and my friend, and an apartment for the 3 boys. We had really appreciate her idea, just a shame that she didn't made clear that the rates were changed for us!!! despite this misunderstood I suggest this place for the amazing location, the lovely room furniture and the cleaning service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
bay fortune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our stay in La Magnolia last year is something I still hold close to my heart. The room was so beautiful and spacious, and the accessibility to the local evening's customs of wine and conversation was easily a perfect place for my beloved and I to wander, arm in arm, admiring the incredible paved stone of the thoroughfares,( which truly is spectacular especially if you come from Canada) and feel at peace with the world. We arrived in early March, and one shopkeeper generously snipped a branch from her bouquet of mimosa as a gift to me. You need to be there in March to know what this means. Thank you, Serena.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I only spent a night there, but wish I could stand longer. A nice, comfortable room with a view on Via Duomo (a street going from the Cathedral which is just a minute away). And though there are a couple of bars, the street is very quiet. The lady, the owner of the hotel, was very hospitable and did her best to make her guests' stay very pleasant and comfortable. She brings the breakfast in the room, and the breakfast was really very good - yogurt, juice, cappuccino, lots of delicious local sweets.
For my next trip to Orvieto I will definitely choose La Magnolia again (if I am lucky to have a free room there).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of their apartments for an unbelievable price! We wished we could have stayed longer. The view from the balcony terrace was the best part of the place, but the room was also very comfy, bathroom was nicely renovated and the place even had a full kitchen. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this B and B in jan 2013, and it was one of the best places I stayed for my month away! On arrival the owner helped myself and my friend carry our bags up the stairs to the room, insisting she would happily help! She told us all the nice places to eat and things to do around orvieto, all easily a walk from the perfectly situated B and B! She brought breakfast to us at a time that suited us, an assorted me of two different cakes, biscuits, coffee and juices and croissants and cakes the second morning, much more than was expected and it was delicious! I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I returned!!
Beautiful!

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent two and a half weeks in Italy this last September. I had read about Orvieto in our local newspaper and they recommended La Magnolia. We were headed to Rome and Orvieto seemed like a great place to get rid of our rental car and take the train into Rome. We only spent one night here, to our dismay, but had a great time. Upon arrival, Serena, the owner helped us with our bags to our room even though she wasn't feeling well. The room was quiet and very clean and close to everything, but then again Orvieto isn't that big, but very charming. We asked Serena where she would go out to eat and she recommeded a restaurant and we were off to make a reservation. Serena had explained that her brothers owned the little cafe/bar next to the bed & breakfast, in fact that is where we had our breakfast, included the next morning. When we returned to the room we had a bottle of wine that we wanted to drink, from Chianti, and I went next door and asked here brother if it would be okay to sit at one of his outside tables and drink our wine. He said of course and supplied us two wine glasses and opened our wine for us. He was very gracious. We were on the second floor and our room looked out over a very busy street during the day but a very quiet street at night. We wandered all over Orvieto and then headed our for dinner. The meal was excellent and there were a lot of locals there. I would highly recommend La Magnolia and Orvieto. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were also. Serena even called a cab for us the next morning. Thank you Serena for making our stop there a wonderful one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence La Magnolia Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!