Misia is a beautiful property located 10 mins or less drive from Orvieto town. It is situated in a quaint village on top of a hill with a huge rock as a backdrop. If you're an avid photographer, the park on top of the rock provides a breathtaking view of Orvieto town. Perfect for afternoon landscapes shots.
Misia is not your run of the mill property where you are holed in a room in one big building. Nope. It is instead a collection of village houses that were beautifully converted into hotel suites by it's remarkable owner Giorgio. Our suite (village house) in particular which is situated right in front of the main building has a sweeping view of the valley below. Brushing you teeth while enjoying the view - priceless!
We have stayed in many places, big and small. And for me the mark of a great stay is the warmth and genuine welcome you get from the proprietor/owner and that is what we got from Giorgio and Alexandra. Upon arrival, they served us yummy spritzers which were definitely welcomed after a long afternoon drive. We had a nice leisurely chat during which they got us a dinner reservation in town, made tonnes of recommendations on where to go and what to do to make our visit memorable.
If you are visiting Orvieto, this place is where you should stay. You won't be disappointed.
* You'll need a car to get here.
* Misia is the name of the owner's grandmother. I think it is a lovely way to honour her.
* Dine at the La Rocca restaurant nearby. It is pricier than your average fare but the food will not let you down. It is slightly formal and a bit on the quiet side which is perfect for a romantic date. But if you're after a more lively dinner affair then maybe try something in town.
* Try to do a wine tour. We had a private tour of Decugnano dei Barbi and that was awesome.
* Do an underground tour of Orvieto. There is more to Orvieto than meets the eye.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misia Resort is a small boutique country hotel situated in the charming medieval village of Rocca Ripesena overlooking the countryside and the vineyards of Orvieto, just 6 km from the city center. Falls under the category of "Hotels disclosed" because its rooms and common areas leased in several buildings close together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Misia Resort Albergo Diffuso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.