“Excellent Host, Excellent Location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B Garibaldi Orvieto

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orvieto
B&B Garibaldi Orvieto
Vicolo dei Lattanzi 2 | (Corner Via Garibaldi 33), 05018 Orvieto, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 49 Orvieto B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Host, Excellent Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked with David last minute as we were traveling on our honeymoon in Italy. We immediately fell in love with Orvieto and with the friendly hospitality of David at B&B Garibaldi. The location is perfect! Located in the inner part of Orvieto, this traditional family house is quiet, clean, and comfortable. David offers discounted rates that are customizable to what your needs are. We had a rental car and David was able to offer us free over night, covered parking as well. We only were able to stay one night before returning to Rome but had a wonderful time and hope to come back again soon!
P.S. Highly recommend the truffle in Orvieto, it is incredible!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montecatini Terme, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

David is the ultimate host and B& B Garibaldi is fantastic. I called, desperate for a place to stay and arriving very late on train from Rome. David held the room for me, without even taking my credit card, then picked me up at the station at 11 pm. Everything was spotless and David has thought of everything to provide you with a comfortable, enjoyable stay, from toiletries, to beverages, to breakfast. Orvieto is a perfect spot to get a flavor of Italy. Don't pass up the chance to hike around the walled city...incredible!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

David was a wonderful host and graciously picked us up at the train station upon our arrival..he was helpful with suggestions about food, and highlights of Orvieto. we were in the smaller of the two rooms, which was clean and comfortable. The only downside was that it was extremely hot while we were there and the room was uncomfortably hot. A real downside since I got very sick while on our trip and had to spend two days inside the room. Upon our checkout, David informed us that we could have asked for the air conditioner. This would have been nice to know earlier in our trip. I would recommend this place, but try to stay in the larger room, I believe the yellow room.

Room Tip: The yellow room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gestore33, Proprietario at B&B Garibaldi Orvieto, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear guests, thank you for your review of my structure. This June the climate was very hot, not usual for us in Italy. However, all the guests in all the rooms find a big Fan and a second small Fan. Before booking, usually guests read the informations of my personal Internet site, and there you can easily know that it's possible to ask an additional service on demand: an air conditioner in bedroom (and you can see a big hole under the window in bedroom, ready for it, so it's strange you didn't know about it...). If you go in my personal internet site (and you have to go there if you want to book me, because I'm not present in the other immediate booking on-line sites for my choise) you can easily find the prices page and the included and not included services. Between the not included special additional services on demand, you can find for example the Air conditioner in bedroom, etc. Since now, July 2012 (but you can't know it), there is no more difference between the yellow and the pink bedroom, save for the lack of the kitchen and of the washing machine in the pink one. So, since July, all the guests can choose without problems both the yellow and the pink bedroom. Air conditioner is included in the normal prices, but non in the special discount prices, and always, when you book by mail, I use to ask to guests, which services they need. According to their needs, we arrange the exact price of the stay. If you hadn't the air conditioner, the unique possibility is that you didn't ask for it at the time of your booking, and you had a special discount price also for this reason. But at the arrival it's possible to change idea and ask different services. Thank you again. Kind Regards.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Great location and exceptional service by our host,David. We were picked up at the tourist info office within 15 min. Lots of extras in the room. (washing machine and soap, fully equiped kitchen)
Very reasonable rate, and a most helpful host!
Great choice

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pointe-Claire, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

David Garibaldi went the distance to ensure that my trip was very pleasant. He picked me up at the train station, gave me a big room, and found helpful information to plan a great trip to Orvieto. He is right in the center of town, and is well connected to all the other people and resources that can make your stay in Orvieto a very happy experience. His friendliness, and knowledge of the area makes him the best choice. Once you stay with David, you've made a good choice of clean, spacious accomodation, and a great friend.
Robert Blaise, Montreal.

Room Tip: The rooms are very peaceful, and large, well-suppled provisions in the kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We are so glad we stayed at this B & B!
Our apartment was huge and very resonably priced. David was so friendly and helpful.
Everything was gleaming clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and teh apartment was quiet and peaceful. .The ceramic floor looked like it was brand new, as did alll teh furniture.

The location was convenient and exciting in this beautiful city, and David even had a free parking place for us.

We are very glad we discovered this B & B

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gestore33, Proprietario at B&B Garibaldi Orvieto, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your beautiful review. The name of my structure is 'B & B Garibaldi Orvieto' and the city is 'Orvieto': 'Orvieto' is also the final part of the name of my structure. I'm writing it to avoid possible confusion with other stuctures. About my prices, yes, my structure is cheap, mainly if you book it directly, directly contacting me. Thank you again and Kind Regards, David.
Lady Lake Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights in Orvieto and after seeing reviews on Trip Advisor, decided to stay at the B&B Garibaldi. We couldn't have made a better choice! To begin with, David picked us up at the train station which is a definite plus when first arriving in a town. He is so easy to talk with that you would think you've known him for years. His B&B is located in an ideal location, close to the main piazzas. We stayed in the yellow room which had a kitchen with water and juice available throughout our stay. I could not describe our stay with David as being anything but excellent

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to B&B Garibaldi Orvieto? Share your experiences!