We selected our accommodations in Montepulciano based solely on TA reviews and are so glad we did! This is the best place we stayed on our entire Tuscan vacation. We stayed in the suite and it was lovely. It was spacious, had a very comfortable mattress, a computer in the room, and gorgeous views from all the windows.
The bathroom was VERY large (especially by Italian standards); there was a large shower, a double vanity, and plenty of counter space for toiletries, etc. There was also a very good hair dryer.
The owner, Cinzia, was outstanding in every way. She was always available and helpful. She even called pharmacias for me (Idon't speak Italian) trying to locate a particular hairspray. She suprised my husband with a delicious fruit tart on his birthday at breakfast (see attached photo).
There is designated parking right in front of the hotel (a real asset in Montepulciano) and if you follow Cinzia's directions, driving to and from the hotel is easy. There is also a laundramat 30 yards from the hotel's front door so we left with clean clothes.
Cinzia provided a map of Montepulciano with recommended restaurants and shops identified that was very helpful. Everything was within an easy (a relative term in hill towns) walk from the holel. We also ate at the wine bar at the hotel a couple of times when we were not in the mood for a big meal and enjoyed it very much.
We will definitely return when we visit Italy again,
- Also Known As:
- La Locanda Di San Francesco Hotel Montepulciano
- La Locanda Di San Francesco Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small and luxury property of 4 exclusive rooms with stunning views, in a 14th century palazzo in the heart of the old town. TA Excellence Award since 2010, we are recommended by the main international travel magazines and websites (USAToday, Daily Telegraph, LATimes, Travel+Leisure, CNTraveller, BBCTravel...)Also, Locanda San Francesco is the only property in town with a wine-bar and bistro on site. "E lucevan le stelle"(open Easter- Nov. 30th and Dec. 27th -Jan.6th) offers temporary art exhibitions, a panoramic terrace were you can admire unforgettable sunsets, live jazz on season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Prestigia and Escapio so you can book your La Locanda di San Francesco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.