We spent 5 great days here in late November and we loved it. The room was great as was the service and the staff. The owner Cinzia was very friendly and helpful and was very attentive. The area has lots of great places to eat and shop and she made excellent recommendations. The views from the rooms were also spectacular as was the local wine. Breakfast in the morning was quite good with a large selection of items. Like one of the other reviewers, we also noticed the smoke smell in the common areas and thought it came from a shared ventilation system with some adjoining space as we noticed it in the room when the heating fan was on. I'd normally remove a star or two for this - but the property, location and service were so outstanding we'll leave the rating at 5. (And I suspect that as conscientious as the proprietor is - the problem will be eliminated.)
- Also Known As:
- La Locanda Di San Francesco Hotel
- La Locanda Di San Francesco Hotel Montepulciano
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small and luxury property of 4 exclusive rooms with stunning views, in a 14th century palazzo in the heart of the old town. TA Excellence Award since 2010, we are recommended by the main international travel magazines and websites (USAToday, Daily Telegraph, LATimes, Travel+Leisure, CNTraveller, BBCTravel...)Also, Locanda San Francesco is the only property in town with a wine-bar and bistro on site. "E lucevan le stelle"(open Easter- Nov. 30th and Dec. 27th -Jan.6th) offers temporary art exhibitions, a panoramic terrace were you can admire unforgettable sunsets, live jazz on season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your La Locanda di San Francesco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.