“would not return” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Montepulciano
A TripAdvisor Member
“would not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

I just returned from three nights and found a scorpion on my wall the first night
I checked in. My bredroom smelt a bit musty.
The grounds are nice, but i had stayed at nicer Villas for sure.
I also found Antonio who worked the front desk everyday, to be very arogant and not very personable. He spoke down to us and it really left a bad taste.
The hot tub by the pool was never hot, but always cold.
A nicer place to stay in that area is the Relais San Bruno, much much better and worth the difference in price!!!
I would not stay at the Villa Cicolina again, nor would I recommend it....

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

We spent 6 days at the Villa Cicolina last summer and fell in love with the place. The rooms are all individually and carefully designed with antique Italian furniture. The bathrooms were wonderful with standalone baths and the rainfall showers. The grounds are stunning too. After walking through an olive grove you come across the pool, which is an infinity pool. While swimning in the pool it looks like the water is running over into the Tuscan hills below. Montepulciano itself is a gem of a town, perched on a mountain with tiny streets that suddenly open up to a grand old piazzas. There are a plethora of restaurants, cafes and gelaterias to choose from and a myriad of things to see. I know it's a place that I'll certainly be revisiting. I would higly recommend a visit to Montepulciano and that you stay in Villa Cicolina for the duration. You won't regret it and will be left with wonderful memories of Tuscany!!!

• Stayed July 2005
glasgow, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2005

My husband and I recently spent four nights in villa cicolina and I would highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Tuscany. The building itself has been beautifully restored and our room (Il pozzo) was lovely. I was particularly impressed with the infinity pool and jacuzzi which had fantastic views over the Tuscan countryside, making it a lovely area to relax
after a mornings sightseeing. Breakfast was excellent (delicious home baking) and the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. It is also a five minute drive from Montepulciano which I think is the best of Tuscanys medieavil hilltop towns. We would definitely return to Villa Cicolina.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Villa Cicolina? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Villa Cicolina

Address: Provinciale 11, 53045 Montepulciano, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Siena > Montepulciano
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Luxury Hotel in Montepulciano
#6 Romantic Hotel in Montepulciano
Hotel Class:4 star — Villa Cicolina 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa Cicolina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Villa Cicolina Hotel Montepulciano

If you own or manage Villa Cicolina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.