I have been meaning to write this review for a while now...but i cant find the words to type that does this place justice.
I went to santantonio for the first time last september. I travelled with my boyfriend who has been going since it first opened. This was also my first trip to italy and I had a fantastic week Three of the highlights are below (there were dozens)
The view from the pool/room was amazing, looking in both direction towards monte amiata and the other way across the Val di chiana, it was so peacefull to just sit and with a glass of wine (provided to all apartments for a small charge) and look over the scenary.
The second favourite thing about santantonio is the people who work and holiday here. All the staff were very friendly, even the gardeners come by for a chat. Nico and his family make you feel like family, nothing is too much. Not speaking a word of italian was a worry for me, but this wasnt a problem as there were some other english couples staying who pointed me towards some great local sights.
the third best part for me was the tuesday Night meal where all guests staying at santantonio can attend a home cooked meal (prepared by Nico's wife Elena and the Cook Suzie) This was situated in the old stables that have been restored into a fantastic dining room (in summer its on the Terrace) This is a great way to meet the guests and share travel tips/stories about the area.
Other things that stood out for me was the location, value for money, quality of the rooms, quality of the oudoor areas and the attention to detail of every little thing
You cannot sum up what a magnifficent place this is. you simply must travel here if you are to experience the real tuscany. Im getting excited as im setting off to visit santantonio again in 4 weeks....cant wait!
I certainly wont stay anywhere else in tuscany. Tripadvisor only lets you put 5 stars...this place is off the scale!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year Franciscan Monastery converted into spacious accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside with wonderful views of the Valdichiana on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. Sant’ Antonio is situated 3 kilometres from the Renaissance town of Montepulciano ideally located to visit Siena, Assisi, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona and many other medieval towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano