As a solo traveller, I booked this resort because I had hoped to be sharing it with friends who had arrived in Italy before me. They changed their plans at the last minute, but the resort was so peaceful and close to Montepulciano in alta, that I had a wonderful time exploring and meeting the locals. The view is spectacular from the little cottage I stayed in called Michelangelo. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms and a lovely kitchen, although there was no oven. A girlfriend joined me for the last two days and we had a lovely time walking to the top of the hill on the property and enjoying the pool and surrounding area. The only thing that I would suggest would be to put some milk in the fridge and a couple of pieces of fruit for late arrivals. I was so tired from driving that I didn't want to get in the car again late, to hunt for those items. Just a thought. All the rest was lovely and I left feeling very relaxed. I'd recommend it highly to families with children who can swim. (Pool not fenced).
- Also Known As:
- Sant` Antonio Hotel Montepulciano
- Sant` Antonio Hotel
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year Franciscan Monastery converted into spacious accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside with wonderful views of the Valdichiana on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. Sant’ Antonio is situated 3 kilometres from the Renaissance town of Montepulciano ideally located to visit Siena, Assisi, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona and many other medieval towns. ... more less