This is our second stay at Sant' Antonio - and Nico and his team once again met all of our expectations!
We stayed in the Michaelangelo suite (2 bed, 2 bathroom) with our own private garden complete with 2 day beds and a garden setting for lunch or dinner outside - or just laying around. The pool area is great - too cold for us to swim this time. We even saw the local shooting game on the property when we went for a walk across the expansive grounds.
Suzanna's home cooked dinner (once a week) was fabulous and we got to meet other travelers.....
Nico will book the local restaurants for you, just so you don't miss out.
This trip, we were pleased to see upgrades to wifi and the tvs (not that we watched it) but the wifi was a godsend for busy execs trying to get away for a week.... Nico has also updated his own 'locale' map - with towns and restaurants he and his family like to visit.
I'd recommend it anytime.... It has the right mix of Italian family values and access to upmarket dining close by.
- Also Known As:
- Sant` Antonio Hotel Montepulciano
- Sant` Antonio Hotel
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year Franciscan Monastery converted into spacious accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside with wonderful views of the Valdichiana on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. Sant’ Antonio is situated 3 kilometres from the Renaissance town of Montepulciano ideally located to visit Siena, Assisi, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona and many other medieval towns. ... more less