My wife and I stayed at Sant'Antonio for five days on our recent honeymoon in Italy. Nico, the owner, was amazing, and helped us tremendously both prior to our stay and after our arrival in Montepulciano. We rented one of Nico's apartments inside the Montepulciano city walls. The one-bedroom apartment was absolutely gorgeous. Everything was recently redone, and every detail was perfect. The apartment was very spacious. Our favorite part was the beautiful terrace that overlooks the Tuscan countryside. We spent many afternoons having an apertivo, as we gazed at the beautiful rolling hills and vineyards below.
In addition to being a great host, we also learned that Nico is a former runner and currently coaches elite runners. As avid (although ameteur) runners ourselves, this was great to know. We really enjoyed discussing running with Nico and truly appreciated his tips on running routes around Montepulciano. One morning we ran along a trail from Montepulciano to the neighboring town of Montechiello. It was truly one of the most scenic runs we have ever taken. Montepulciano (and specifically Sant'Antonio) is a great place to visit if you are like us and enjoy getting in a beautiful run on your vacation.
We can't say enough about how wonderful our time was in Montepulciano, which was due in no small part to Nico and his wonderful apartment. We highly recommend it to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Sant` Antonio Hotel
- Sant` Antonio Hotel Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year Franciscan Monastery converted into spacious accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside with wonderful views of the Valdichiana on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. Sant’ Antonio is situated 3 kilometres from the Renaissance town of Montepulciano ideally located to visit Siena, Assisi, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona and many other medieval towns. ... more less