My wife Ellen and I have stayed at Sant’ Antonio twice in the last 4 years, and we’re heading back again this June. We can’t wait. This will be our 3rd time traveling to Italy, and we can’t imagine visiting this beautiful country without staying here once again.
As incredible as all of the reviews here may sound, they are all so very true. It all starts with the hosts, Nico and Elena, and their wonderful family. They are the perfect hosts, and so helpful and welcoming to everyone. While Nico may not speak every known language, it sure seems that he comes close. The recommendations we’ve been given for restaurants and wineries have been incredible. Instead of being guided toward expensive tourist traps, we’ve ate at what had to be some of the best little family-run places you can imagine. Delicious food at surprisingly reasonable prices. I’ve been craving pizza from Tre Stelle and the ravioli at Da Fiorella since we left, and Osteria Acquacheta will be our first stop for lunch in Montepulciano. I never knew food could taste so good.
Sant’ Antonio is a converted monastery with only 13 rooms, and it’s located in the perfect spot from which to explore Tuscany. The grounds are immaculate, the swimming pool is great after a day of sightseeing and it’s so peaceful and quiet. You won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year Franciscan Monastery converted into spacious accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside with wonderful views of the Valdichiana on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. Sant’ Antonio is situated 3 kilometres from the Renaissance town of Montepulciano ideally located to visit Siena, Assisi, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona and many other medieval towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano