My wife and I live (temporarily) in Italy and have stayed at Sant’ Antonio on four separate occasions and at different times of the year. We just love it. Nico is a wonderful host with a vast knowledge of the area and wonderful recommendations. Also, his olive oil, which is made from this estate, is by far the best we have tasted in Italy. The grounds of this converted monastery, with its plentiful olive grove, and large pool are beautiful and quiet. The location next to Montepulciano is perfect to explore southern Tuscany as Montepulciano, Montalcino, Pienza, Cortona are within easy reach and, about an hour away, are the cities of Orvieto, Assisi and Siena which make for perfect day-trips. We also enjoy the fact that these cottage style accommodations allow us to cook on site so we don’t have to eat at restaurants all the time, helping to keep travel costs down. Whether we come up to explore, shop, relax or taste wine, it has always been a great experience. If you are a wine and cheese lover, Montalcino Brunello’s are wonderful but do not overlook Vine Nobile de Montepulciano Sangiovese or the Cortona Syrah’s. In Pienza, the little cheese shops that serve Pecorino are incredible. If you do intend to go to Montelpulciano, a visit to the Restaurant Osteria Acquacheta is also a must but, as they only have two seating’s each night, we recommend the earlier 7:30pm seating. We will go back as often as we can to Sant' Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year Franciscan Monastery converted into spacious accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside with wonderful views of the Valdichiana on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. Sant’ Antonio is situated 3 kilometres from the Renaissance town of Montepulciano ideally located to visit Siena, Assisi, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona and many other medieval towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano