After visiting Rome and Sorrento, my wife and I were really looking forward to Tuscany and Sant' Antonio. Both were highlights of a wonderful trip. Sant' Antonio was built as a monestary in the 1400's and was converted to holiday apartments. The grounds are 250 acres of olive trees, fields and forest. Our home away from home was on the end of the building and next to a bluff that provided a panoramic vista of the beautiful countryside. It's like having a "cabin" in the heart of wine country, and included a kitchen with all the necessities, living room with fireplace, spacious bedroom and luxurious bath. We woke to sunshine and birds singing. It was peaceful, serene and comfortable. Our host, Nico, was gracious and very helpful. His energy and spirit is evident in the whole operation.
Montepulciano is a gorgeous hill town - one of many in the area - that is very proud of the locally produced wine. Restaurants offer fantastic local cuisine served with charm and style. From our base, we went to other hill towns, Chianti for a wine tour and to Florence, San Gimignano and Assisi. The weather was sunny and warm and we savored our time in Tuscany.
I would strongly recommend Sant' Antonio to anyone going to Tuscany. We hope we will be able to return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year Franciscan Monastery converted into spacious accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside with wonderful views of the Valdichiana on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. Sant’ Antonio is situated 3 kilometres from the Renaissance town of Montepulciano ideally located to visit Siena, Assisi, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona and many other medieval towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano