“Spectacular” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Montepulciano
New york
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and it was a fabulous experience. We chose the property based on trip advisor reviews, and we were so happy we did. The room we had was overlooking the valley, it was our own little cottage with a cute balcony. Everything was updated and modern, and there were a lot of little touches like a small heater in case we were chilled at night. The breakfast was by far the best we had in Italy. Everything was fresh and home made, from yogurt to bread, to cakes and muffins, biscotti and cookies. One day there was chocolate torte and tiramisu for breakfast, which were phenomenal. Even the eggs tasted better. The owner, Stefania, is very knowledable about the places to go and how to get there, she recommended a small village and a local restaurant for lunch one day. It was delicious with an incredible view from the terrace. She makes reservations for guests and wherever you go, you are treated well as a guest of Poggiano. It was great to stay outside of the hilltop villages, much more quiet and peaceful in the country, but just a 3 minute ride to the town. An enthusiastic thumbs up, I wish I could go back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mrs Susiiequesie,

first thank you to have choosen Villa Poggiano during your stay in MOntepulciano, and thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy that you liked the little room in the lodge and that you have appreciated our service.
Another thank you to all the staff of Villa Poggiano, they do a great job.
Hope to guest you again
stefania

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Villa Poggiano set the bar for our trip to Tuscany and after 4 nights in the villa. The property is just minutes from Montepulciano and is in a beautiful setting on a hill surrounded by olive trees. The owner and onsite manager Stefania is an excellent host and made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived on property. Our room was on the first floor of the Villa and was a spacious suite. We had a nice breakfast included each morning and Stefania helped us plan our activities daily from scenic walks, visits to vineyards, lunch & dinner suggestions and reservations, and a cooking class. We were not disappointed by a single suggestion and she even came to pick us up when we got a little off track on a walk. Also, the cooking class at Villa Poggiano was one of the highlights of our trip as we learned to make a number of traditional Tuscan dishes and dined in the Villa. I really cannot say enough good things about our stay and service provided and we will be back the next trip to Tuscany!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Mr Aggie9797,

your review is the n.1 of 2013 and how to start better. Thank you very much for the wonderful words , it has been simply a pleasure for me help you and your wife in organize your daily activity.
I am very happy that you enjoy our cooking class, and I remember you have a lot of passione for cooking so I am pleased you learn something new.

I will be very pleased to guest you here again.

Izmir, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The property itself is unique, well establshed and maintained, extraordinary pool. Very relaxing and I think if you are looking for a Tuscany experience, one of the best location to stay. Over looking the valley and the rural pastoral, palazzo itself has a dignity. The statues located on different corners and the landscape is great. Pool itself, makes you feel 18-19th century royal.

We stayed only 1 night here. Rooms are well decorated and wide. High ceilings, nice bathroom.

They welcome you very pleasent and the breakfast was great. They are on details that the selection of the music on the breakfast was one of the markable touch.

Room Tip: We stayed at a room facing towards the back garden. I think the rooms looking to the valley will hav...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Mr Gorhan,
this is a Christmas present, thank you very much.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Poggiano, and I hope you will stay longer next time. This area is one of the best of Tuscany and there are so many think that I would like to suggest to visit .
Looking forward to see you again,
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Tucked away, just off a main road into Montepuliciano, my Wife & I stayed 3 nights @ V-P in late September to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary & tour the area.
We had consulted Trip Advisor prior to booking & yes earlier comments + those most recently posted confirm the relaxed atmosphere & superb Breakfasts on offer.
Without question, Stefania was an added bonus as our "trip advisor", recommending local circular trips, restaurants, sights like Cortona & an excellent visit to the family run Dei Winery 10 minutes from V-P.

Room Tip: All rooms were sited to overlook the rolling Tuscan countryside. We had Villa 14 which ticked all th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Mtet96,
thank you for your wonderful review, thank you to have choosen Villa Poggiano during your honey moon journy in Italy and I am very happy that you had a nice experiece in our boutique hotel
Hope to guest you again, maybe one of your next anniversary trip
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I travel to Italy every year. We had the privilege of staying at Villa Poggiano in Montepulciano two years ago and were immediately smitten with the bucolic setting of the Villa and the superb care we received from Stefania and her professional staff. We were so impressed that we returned this past October. Rarely is an expectation not only met but exceeded. Stefania has now accomplished just that on both of our visits. From the moment the gates to the magnificient entrance swing open to invite you down the cypress lined driveway to Stefania's contagious enthusiasm and expertise, you know you are in for a rare and memorable experience. It is as if you have been invited to stay in a private Villa where every need has been anticipated and flawlessly delivered. The suite we stayed in was marvelous, the views breathtaking and the experience one to be savored. In all the years we have been visiting Tuscany, we have had the privilege of staying in many wonderful locations but none more loved than Villa Poggiano! We will return many times to visit our dear friend Stefania and Villa Poggiano. When you think of Tuscany including the views, the people, the wine and the food, you can do no better than this wonderful, magical place called Villa Poggiano! Grazie mille Stefania!!!

Tom and Cheri Kelley

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
GRAZIE MILLE !!!!! Mr TCKLouisville,
thank you to came back a second time to Villa Poggiano and I will be more than honorated if you would like to stay with us again.
You are an expert traveller in Italy , you have been in hotel much nicer than the villa, so I am particulary happy to read your second review for Villa Poggiano

I am looking forward to see you and your lovely wife again in the future

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Whatever your Tuscan fantasy may be, it will be surpassed at the Villa Poggiano. In addition to the beautiful property itself and its surroundings, Stefania (la piu bella Toscana) and her staff have raised the bar to a level of excellence rarely achieved in the hospitality industry. The attention to detail and the service lavished on each and every guest is usually reserved for royalty, or A-level celebrities, at other establishments. Here each guest matters, and that is the difference you will feel. If you're considering any other properties, put them out of your mind and book a stay here, now.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent; you cannot go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Helen K,
this morning I got up very early , I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about the bussiness.
You know, I was thinking: what can I do to improve the service, what can I do to satisfy with new inputs my guest, I am doing well what I am doing now? etc...
Well, when this morning I opened my black barry and I read your review, you gave me all the answer I needed.
You ( wich is generic , since I mean in this moment all the guest) are the reason of my job, you give me the inputs and the energy I need.

Dear Helen, really thank you for your wonderful words and I hope to see you again at villa POggiano

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Villa Poggiano exceeded our expectations in every way...from the warm welcome we received by owner Stefania to the staff and the beautiful suite we were upgraded to upon check-in it truly was a memorable experience!

We woke up to amazing views of the Tuscan valley with a variety of Fresh breakfast choices incl fresh homemade yogurt, eggs made to order, pastries and lots more...after roaming the neighboring tuscan towns we ended our day with a breathtaking view of the Tuscan sunset from our Villa grounds.

We will definitely be back only this time we plan to stay longer!!!

• Stayed October 2012
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Rpatel82,
thank you very much for your wonderful review and that the time to write such nice word about Villa Poggiano.
I am very happy that your stay exceeded your expectation and that me and my wonderful staff satisfy all your needs.
I hope to see you again at the villa
Stefania

Been to Villa Poggiano? Share your experiences!