“It Keeps Getting Better!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in Montepulciano
Louisville
“It Keeps Getting Better!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I travel to Italy every year. We had the privilege of staying at Villa Poggiano in Montepulciano two years ago and were immediately smitten with the bucolic setting of the Villa and the superb care we received from Stefania and her professional staff. We were so impressed that we returned this past October. Rarely is an expectation not only met but exceeded. Stefania has now accomplished just that on both of our visits. From the moment the gates to the magnificient entrance swing open to invite you down the cypress lined driveway to Stefania's contagious enthusiasm and expertise, you know you are in for a rare and memorable experience. It is as if you have been invited to stay in a private Villa where every need has been anticipated and flawlessly delivered. The suite we stayed in was marvelous, the views breathtaking and the experience one to be savored. In all the years we have been visiting Tuscany, we have had the privilege of staying in many wonderful locations but none more loved than Villa Poggiano! We will return many times to visit our dear friend Stefania and Villa Poggiano. When you think of Tuscany including the views, the people, the wine and the food, you can do no better than this wonderful, magical place called Villa Poggiano! Grazie mille Stefania!!!

Tom and Cheri Kelley

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
GRAZIE MILLE !!!!! Mr TCKLouisville,
thank you to came back a second time to Villa Poggiano and I will be more than honorated if you would like to stay with us again.
You are an expert traveller in Italy , you have been in hotel much nicer than the villa, so I am particulary happy to read your second review for Villa Poggiano

I am looking forward to see you and your lovely wife again in the future

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Whatever your Tuscan fantasy may be, it will be surpassed at the Villa Poggiano. In addition to the beautiful property itself and its surroundings, Stefania (la piu bella Toscana) and her staff have raised the bar to a level of excellence rarely achieved in the hospitality industry. The attention to detail and the service lavished on each and every guest is usually reserved for royalty, or A-level celebrities, at other establishments. Here each guest matters, and that is the difference you will feel. If you're considering any other properties, put them out of your mind and book a stay here, now.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent; you cannot go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Helen K,
this morning I got up very early , I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about the bussiness.
You know, I was thinking: what can I do to improve the service, what can I do to satisfy with new inputs my guest, I am doing well what I am doing now? etc...
Well, when this morning I opened my black barry and I read your review, you gave me all the answer I needed.
You ( wich is generic , since I mean in this moment all the guest) are the reason of my job, you give me the inputs and the energy I need.

Dear Helen, really thank you for your wonderful words and I hope to see you again at villa POggiano

Stefania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Villa Poggiano exceeded our expectations in every way...from the warm welcome we received by owner Stefania to the staff and the beautiful suite we were upgraded to upon check-in it truly was a memorable experience!

We woke up to amazing views of the Tuscan valley with a variety of Fresh breakfast choices incl fresh homemade yogurt, eggs made to order, pastries and lots more...after roaming the neighboring tuscan towns we ended our day with a breathtaking view of the Tuscan sunset from our Villa grounds.

We will definitely be back only this time we plan to stay longer!!!

• Stayed October 2012
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Rpatel82,
thank you very much for your wonderful review and that the time to write such nice word about Villa Poggiano.
I am very happy that your stay exceeded your expectation and that me and my wonderful staff satisfy all your needs.
I hope to see you again at the villa
Sincerely
Stefania
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This villa is like a hidden gem, as soon as i saw the front gate, it is like a secret garden inside. The property itself is everything ive imagined what a Tuscan villa would be. The herb garden, the Roman pool, the view, the quietness and serenity. My husband and i felt so relaxed during our stay. Stefania was so helpful with our daily activities and meals recommendations. i would definitely recommend this villa for someone who wants to explore southern Tuscany. Im very pleased with the stay and the price. I have already recommended this place to a friend who will be travelling in Nov but apparently it is not open from Nov-Mar. Loved every min, thank you Stefania.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Mrs NIna,
it has been my pleasure to guest you and your husband and thank you to raccomand the villa to your friends, I am sorry that they are coming during our winter holiday, maybe next time.
Hope to guest you again,
KInd regards
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The stunning setting of the Villa Poggiano leaves no doubt that you're in beautiful Tuscany. The grounds are immaculate and the staff is painstaking in their upkeep efforts. We were fortunate to receive a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite that had a separate bedroom and sitting area. The bathroom was large and all the details were attended to, down to the numerous toiletries provided. The extensive breakfast included the standard cold cuts, yogurt and cheeses but was made special by the availability of eggs made-to-order (the only time we had this option during our stay in Tuscany). We were early in the season and wished that it had been warm enough to take advantage of the great pool area. If we ever have the opportunity, we will definitely return. For more specifics on our trip through Tuscany: http://www.traveladdicts.net/search/label/Italy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Adventur610,
thank you very much for your lovely review and support at Villa Poggiano, wich I really appreciate.
I hope to guest you again whern you will be back in Tuscany.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in July on a three week trip through Italy. We absolutely loved loved loved our stay here. Our room was very big and very clean. The pool and surroundings were impeccably landscaped. Very serene and romantic! The daily breakfast varied and was delicious. It is a great location for taking day trips - we went into Siena one day, Montepulciano twice for dinner and checked out a few other nearby towns. Stefania was so helpful with reccomendations and even put in a few phone calls to help us sort out some issues we were having with selling a house back home while we were in Italy. HIGHLY recommend this villa, it was everything we could have hoped for and more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear MrsG1229,

thank you thank thank you for your review. Your words warm up my heart as all the beautiful reviews received .

The title of your review is "Perfection", you are too nice with us. Reach the perfection is impossible but it is true that me and all my fantastic staff work hard to do our best and always try to satisfy our guest and I am very happy when I know that we reach our aim.

Looking forward to see you again.
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My hubby and I love to experience natural beauty while splurging on elegant and 'experience' -type properties. Trip Advisor guided our decision to stay at the Villa and book the large suite on the second floor with the juliet balcony. Thie villa, countryside views, sunsets and peace and quiet trumped my expectations. This is one gorgeous slice of Tuscan paradise.

We were made to feel at home but not over-communicated with by Stefania. She floatedin and out of our stay as we needed her. She was a lovely and wonderful host. Her knowledge of the area, restaurants and hill towns helped us navigate our six day adventure.

When we were not galavanting around the property taking in the scents and views of the green hills and olive trees, we were relaxing in the suite sipping wine and planning our day trips. Breakfast was an absolute feast; the service levels 5 stars. The entire property is immaculate and incredibly beautiful. I had a strong sense of what it must have been like to have lived in the villa in the 1800s, while horse and carriage tromped up the cypress tree lined road, while having servants prepare a feast of fowl or game. Think Merchant Ivory film. Amazing. Vist while you can; you will be thrilled with the wealth that Stefania shares.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Mr Meowlover,
what can I tell more, your review is full of emphasis and I loved your description about the imagination of this house in the past, fantastic
Thank you to have been here with your wife and I hope to guest you again in the future
stefania

Been to Villa Poggiano? Share your experiences!