“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 29 hotels in Montepulciano
Calgary, Canada
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in July on a three week trip through Italy. We absolutely loved loved loved our stay here. Our room was very big and very clean. The pool and surroundings were impeccably landscaped. Very serene and romantic! The daily breakfast varied and was delicious. It is a great location for taking day trips - we went into Siena one day, Montepulciano twice for dinner and checked out a few other nearby towns. Stefania was so helpful with reccomendations and even put in a few phone calls to help us sort out some issues we were having with selling a house back home while we were in Italy. HIGHLY recommend this villa, it was everything we could have hoped for and more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear MrsG1229,

thank you thank thank you for your review. Your words warm up my heart as all the beautiful reviews received .

The title of your review is "Perfection", you are too nice with us. Reach the perfection is impossible but it is true that me and all my fantastic staff work hard to do our best and always try to satisfy our guest and I am very happy when I know that we reach our aim.

Looking forward to see you again.
Kind regards
stefania

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My hubby and I love to experience natural beauty while splurging on elegant and 'experience' -type properties. Trip Advisor guided our decision to stay at the Villa and book the large suite on the second floor with the juliet balcony. Thie villa, countryside views, sunsets and peace and quiet trumped my expectations. This is one gorgeous slice of Tuscan paradise.

We were made to feel at home but not over-communicated with by Stefania. She floatedin and out of our stay as we needed her. She was a lovely and wonderful host. Her knowledge of the area, restaurants and hill towns helped us navigate our six day adventure.

When we were not galavanting around the property taking in the scents and views of the green hills and olive trees, we were relaxing in the suite sipping wine and planning our day trips. Breakfast was an absolute feast; the service levels 5 stars. The entire property is immaculate and incredibly beautiful. I had a strong sense of what it must have been like to have lived in the villa in the 1800s, while horse and carriage tromped up the cypress tree lined road, while having servants prepare a feast of fowl or game. Think Merchant Ivory film. Amazing. Vist while you can; you will be thrilled with the wealth that Stefania shares.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Mr Meowlover,
what can I tell more, your review is full of emphasis and I loved your description about the imagination of this house in the past, fantastic
Thank you to have been here with your wife and I hope to guest you again in the future
Kind regards
stefania
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is my second time at Villa Poggiano and it 's perfection. Beautiful grounds, excellent room and bath, wonderful breakfast, and a very helpful and friendly front desk. The location in Tuscany makes a perfect base for daytrips, with the best of Tuscany all within an hour orrive. There are several seating areas on the Villa's grounds with beautiful views and I'm glad we spent some time just hanging out and soaking up the views and peaceful atmosphere. Stefania suggested we stop for lunch at the Barbi winery after we visited the Abbey Sant'Antimo, and it turned out to be a wonderful afternoon. Beautiful setting, good food, and a tour of the winery after lunch made for a great afternoon. We never would have found the winery it if it wasn't for her suggestion. I hope to return again. It's rare that a place meets and exceeds my expectations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Madame Lisa,
I am really pleased to receive your review as all the other reviews received from our guests during those last 10 years.
But I am double happy that we didn't disappoint your expectation for the second time and it is an honor to read that you would like to came back and I will be here to welcome you for your thrid time.
Sincerely
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for five nights after spending two crummy nights at another villa.

If you're looking for a nice, quiet, beautiful, conveniently located place to stay you definitely need to consider staying here!

Stefania was very helpful. Breakfasts were great. We had one of the deluxe rooms on the second floor of the villa. It had a sitting room in addition to the bedroom. Bathroom was really nice. All of it was.

Love the location. Montepulciano is five minutes, Pienza is 15-20, Cortona is 40, Montalcino is 40, Siena 60, San Gimignano 90 and Volterra about 120.

WiFi works well enough to surf the web and get email etc. but if you need more bandwidth to do some work while you're there you should count on it taking a bit. This is the same no matter where you go in Tuscany so I don't consider it a negative at all. Just providing some useful info for other working travelers such as myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Mr Valkman,
thank you to spend your time to write this wonderful review.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Poggiano .
I am pleased that you mention about wifi connection, We have free wifi connection in all the rooms and common area and it can happen that if all guest are connected , the connection can be slower. For a faster connection I we have adls plug and we borrow a cable for guest's computer.
I hope to see you next summer
Sincerely stefania
Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our first trip to Tuscany and our stay at Villa Poggiano was nothing short of superb! We drove up from the hectic pace of Rome to the steady and slow pace of Montepulciano. On our arrival Stefania greeted us and showed us to our room - a remarkable two room suite (#3) with 15 foot high ceiling, a spacious bath and wonderful views to the front and side of the villa. That evening we had a concert by three lovely cellist's from a master class being held in Montepulciano - playing a variety of classical music. What a way to start our trip! We stayed a week and used the Villa Poggiano as our base to visit Siena, Pienza and of course Montepulciano. Sometimes we returned early to the villa and had cool-down swims in the pool - heaven. For each day trip Stefania gave us helpful guidance - she really made us feel right at home in her villa. We had a couple light meals at the villa and one four course dinner which was luscious (and very reasonably priced). Breakfast was well provisioned. We had only one problem during the stay - our air conditioner went out and Stefania offered apologies and the choice of a new room. Since we loved our suite we decided to stay put - and the air conditioner problem didn't come back. In hindsight, I may have had the a/c set too low - which caused the unit to overheat. When we go back to Italy we will definitely go back to Villa Poggiano. In all my travels, across Europe, Asia and the States - Villa Poggiano is at the top of my list for places to stay.

Room Tip: The suites are in the main villa - highly recommended. Stefania showed us the rooms in the newer bui...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Mr Jonomo,
I am very onorated that you have choosen Villa Poggiano during your first trip to Tuscany and that you consider as the best place you have been. Thank you.

I will be happy to guest you and your wife during your next trip to Tuscany

I wish you all my best

Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was our second stay at Villa Poggiano, having stayed 2 years ago. It was every bit as special and just as we remembered it. Understated elegance, an Italian marble pool to die for, gorgeous Italian style villa sympathetically restored, wonderful grounds. Delicious breakfasts offering every type of cooked eggs, home cooked pastries/jam tarts/breads, cheeses, meats, etc. etc. If you are looking for peace and tranquility in an exceptionally beautiful part of Tuscany and are a discerning traveller with an high expectation you will not be disappointed. Villa Pogginano is very suited to couples. Stefania is a wonderful host offering helpful, friendly and knowledgeable advice in a quiet, elegant manner. We have travelled extensively staying in expensive accommodations but this just hits the spot. We will be returning again and again to see Stefania and our most favourite part of Tuscany. Montepulciano is just so perfect for travelling to the beautiful towns including, Montichiello, Pienza and Montalcino which all offer fantastic dining options.

Room Tip: Suite number 5 is spacious and is located in the main house enabling you to sit outside on a lovely...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent Villa, Beautiful views across Tuscany. Montepulciano is a must to visit. Excellent rooms except for the Cold Showers. Swimming pool was extremely enjoyable while drinking a great bottle of wine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Mr Philip,
thank you for your review and I am very pleased that you like the location, our suites , the pool and our services. I am really sorry for the problem that you had with the hot water, I am really mortified for that inconvenient, it shouldn't happen but unfortunaltely the boiler stop to work correctly, so the water was not constantly warm. I really appreciated that you immediatly called me to advise about that so I could call the plumber and solve the problem.
I hope to guest you again at the villa ,
Sincerely
Stefania

Been to Villa Poggiano? Share your experiences!