“Wonderful Tuscan accommodations!” 5 of 5 stars

Via di Poggiano, 7, 53045 Montepulciano, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Montepulciano
“Wonderful Tuscan accommodations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a beautiful suite in the main villa.the two room suite was a perfect space for my husband, 7 year old daughter and I. The property provided great privacy with a balance of excitement and life fom the other guests and staff. The property is in fabulous condition and extremely well maintained. We LOVED the pool and beautiful grounds. Breakfast was amazing with home made yogurt, lovely cheese, ham and sweets. We were lucky enough to be there one evening when a local operaschool performed on the property. We will be back!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Mrs AnnMarie,
tha pleasure to had you here was mine. I loved your lovely, charming daughter and her enthusiasm for everything.

I am very happy you could enjoy our first concert at the villa, was a special start.

I hope to guest you soon

stefania

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

When we initially arrived at Villa Poggiano (and announced our presence over the intercom) we watched the iron gates swing open revealing the long cypress lined driveway. Stefania waved us to the main villa house and welcomed us to Villa Poggiano. Her warm greeting let us know that we were expected to share this historic Tuscan estate as if it was our own.
There are rooms in the villa itself, but we stayed in a suite in one of the lodges on the beautifully landscaped grounds. The bedroom and sitting room were large and comfortable, and the travertine tiled bathroom was excellent.
The villa has a dramatic marble swimming pool, and is surrounded by park land, olive groves, and terraces offering long views over the Val d’Orcia. We were lucky to see Ring-necked Pheasant, and many beautiful wild flowers while walking the adjoining “white roads”.
An excellent breakfast includes fruits, pastries, yogurt, cereal, ham, cheeses --- and eggs cooked to order. Breakfast is served until 11:00am, allowing a leisurely start; but we were out early each morning. The Villa makes a convenient “base” to see nearby Montepulciano, Monticchiello , La Foce Garden, Bagno Vignoni, Pienza, San Quirico de Orcia; and daytrips further afield to Montalcino, Cortona, Siena, etc.
Stefania and Angela are knowledgeable and very helpful in recommending itineraries, suggesting sights to see, and making reservations for wine tastings and restaurants (don’t miss the tour and lunch at Avignonesi). But perhaps the best highlight is to bring a bottle of local wine back to the villa to enjoy on the terrace watching the sunset over Val d’Orcia (after all, this is the home of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and the nearby Brunello di Montalcino), My next life will be as a Tuscan! Until then, I’ll just return as a guest to Villa Poggiano.

72sfn, Owner at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Mr Navygoat,

thank you for your Great review and to have shared your experience at Villa Poggiano with all the TA readers.

Unitl you won't have your home in Tuscany I will be very happy to welcome at Villa Poggiano

Sincerely

Stefania
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Villa Poggiano for three nights in May. This was, in both of our opinions, one of the loveliest places we've ever stayed. Our only regret was that we hadn't booked for more than three nights. Each morning we were greeted with one of the best European breakfast buffets we've experienced, with fresh breads, homemade yogurt, fruit, jams, cheese and meat, fresh juices and coffee as well as cappuccino. And yes, for all you Americans who must have eggs, eggs made to order if you wish. From the Villa (did I mention it has been lovingly restored by the owner's family, with original ceiling brickwork still intact?) a short drive takes you to the town of Montepulciano. It was also a good central location for many of the other beautiful Tuscan hill towns. We will definitely stay at Villa Poggiano when we return to this area in the future (which we have vowed to do, since the entire Tuscan vacation was wonderful).

, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Mr SandiegoBeachbum,

thank you very much to have choosen Villa Poggiano during your stay in the area of Montepulciano and I am very pleased that you enjoy our villa and your suite.

I will be very happy to welcome you again at Villa Poggiano

Stefania SAvini
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 4 incredible nights at the Villa Poggiano in Montepulciano. I honestly cannot say enough about this amazing property and the proprietor Stefania. The suites and bathrooms were beautiful, spacious and comfortable. The main rooms of the villa are elegant yet inviting. The pool, grounds and pathways are magnificent and meticulously cared for. You could eat off the floor anywhere on the property! The views were spectacular, like some enchanted place. The breakfast selections were tops in quality and variety, with a lovely cook serving made to order omlets. We did a cooking class with some of our fellow guests at the Villa, again 5 star, fantastic. Stefania is devoted to her guests and is extremely knowledgeable about all the restaurants, sights and wineries and in the area. Her advise is spot on in all categories. Although I did extensive research before our trip, we could have easily done nothing, given Stefania's expertise. The Villa is in a wonderful location, only a few minutes to Montepulciano and easy driving from Rome and to the major attractions in Tuscany and Umbria. My wife and I have travelled extensively but this place is something very special. We look forward to our next trip to Tuscany, meeting Stefania again and the incredible Villa Poggiano.

Room Tip: Splurge for the suite, although all rooms are tops.
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Mr Reddoc,
I am very very pleased that your stay at the villa was better than your expectations.
Thank you for a lovely review and such nice words about me .
I hope to welcome you again at the villa.
Stefania
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed three wonderful days at the villa. Stephanie was a gracious hostess and terrific with questions, recommendations and directions. We very much enjoyed a cooking lesson.
Our room was spacious and well appointed. We hoped to return for a longer stay.
One recommendation would be for the room to have a mini fridge.
Thanks for everything!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Shoreline, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I spent four incredible days at Villa Poggiano just outside Montepulciano. This villa is very convenient to Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino and other highlights of the area and is situated overlooking some of the most attractive views in Italy (in my humble opinion).

We enjoyed several sun-drenched late afternoons with a bottle of chilled white wine sitting at the edge of a terrace just taking in the view and the silence. An incredibly peaceful location, we loved how immaculate everything was maintained. We rented one of the best rooms in the house, the large suite, which had a very comfortable bed and beautiful furnishings and finishes and with a vey spacious bathroom.

The owner/manager Stefania and her staff were very competent and helpful. One day she sent my wife and I off on a long walk to Montevecchio and it was magical walking the 7 miles roundtrip through farm fields and woods [if not a little exerting with a significant elevation change]. One of our most enjoyable days for sure. And breakfast each day was very high quality and served with great attention to detail.

We ate in Montepulciano each night, and Stefania's recommendations were dead on...you can see my other reviews for those.

Bottom line - I highly recommend Villa Poggiano for a classy stay in one of the most beautiful settings anywhere.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed here for a few days as part of our Tuscany vacation. The villa is gorgeous and a great location, 5 minutes from town, but an idyllic country spot. The rooms are lovely and spacious and the breakfasts are incredible. Stephania is a wonderful hostess and great help in planning restaurants, trips etc. Would love to go back to Villa Poggiano!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Poggiano? Share your experiences!