“Lovely Villa in Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Montepulciano
san diego
“Lovely Villa in Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Villa Poggiano for three nights in May. This was, in both of our opinions, one of the loveliest places we've ever stayed. Our only regret was that we hadn't booked for more than three nights. Each morning we were greeted with one of the best European breakfast buffets we've experienced, with fresh breads, homemade yogurt, fruit, jams, cheese and meat, fresh juices and coffee as well as cappuccino. And yes, for all you Americans who must have eggs, eggs made to order if you wish. From the Villa (did I mention it has been lovingly restored by the owner's family, with original ceiling brickwork still intact?) a short drive takes you to the town of Montepulciano. It was also a good central location for many of the other beautiful Tuscan hill towns. We will definitely stay at Villa Poggiano when we return to this area in the future (which we have vowed to do, since the entire Tuscan vacation was wonderful).

, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Mr SandiegoBeachbum,

thank you very much to have choosen Villa Poggiano during your stay in the area of Montepulciano and I am very pleased that you enjoy our villa and your suite.

I will be very happy to welcome you again at Villa Poggiano

Stefania SAvini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 4 incredible nights at the Villa Poggiano in Montepulciano. I honestly cannot say enough about this amazing property and the proprietor Stefania. The suites and bathrooms were beautiful, spacious and comfortable. The main rooms of the villa are elegant yet inviting. The pool, grounds and pathways are magnificent and meticulously cared for. You could eat off the floor anywhere on the property! The views were spectacular, like some enchanted place. The breakfast selections were tops in quality and variety, with a lovely cook serving made to order omlets. We did a cooking class with some of our fellow guests at the Villa, again 5 star, fantastic. Stefania is devoted to her guests and is extremely knowledgeable about all the restaurants, sights and wineries and in the area. Her advise is spot on in all categories. Although I did extensive research before our trip, we could have easily done nothing, given Stefania's expertise. The Villa is in a wonderful location, only a few minutes to Montepulciano and easy driving from Rome and to the major attractions in Tuscany and Umbria. My wife and I have travelled extensively but this place is something very special. We look forward to our next trip to Tuscany, meeting Stefania again and the incredible Villa Poggiano.

Room Tip: Splurge for the suite, although all rooms are tops.
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Mr Reddoc,
I am very very pleased that your stay at the villa was better than your expectations.
Thank you for a lovely review and such nice words about me .
I hope to welcome you again at the villa.
Stefania
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed three wonderful days at the villa. Stephanie was a gracious hostess and terrific with questions, recommendations and directions. We very much enjoyed a cooking lesson.
Our room was spacious and well appointed. We hoped to return for a longer stay.
One recommendation would be for the room to have a mini fridge.
Thanks for everything!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Shoreline, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I spent four incredible days at Villa Poggiano just outside Montepulciano. This villa is very convenient to Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino and other highlights of the area and is situated overlooking some of the most attractive views in Italy (in my humble opinion).

We enjoyed several sun-drenched late afternoons with a bottle of chilled white wine sitting at the edge of a terrace just taking in the view and the silence. An incredibly peaceful location, we loved how immaculate everything was maintained. We rented one of the best rooms in the house, the large suite, which had a very comfortable bed and beautiful furnishings and finishes and with a vey spacious bathroom.

The owner/manager Stefania and her staff were very competent and helpful. One day she sent my wife and I off on a long walk to Montevecchio and it was magical walking the 7 miles roundtrip through farm fields and woods [if not a little exerting with a significant elevation change]. One of our most enjoyable days for sure. And breakfast each day was very high quality and served with great attention to detail.

We ate in Montepulciano each night, and Stefania's recommendations were dead on...you can see my other reviews for those.

Bottom line - I highly recommend Villa Poggiano for a classy stay in one of the most beautiful settings anywhere.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed here for a few days as part of our Tuscany vacation. The villa is gorgeous and a great location, 5 minutes from town, but an idyllic country spot. The rooms are lovely and spacious and the breakfasts are incredible. Stephania is a wonderful hostess and great help in planning restaurants, trips etc. Would love to go back to Villa Poggiano!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at Villa Poggiano as our base of operation to visit Montepulciano, Pienza and Montalcino- what a find! The facilities are gorgeous and very well maintained. Stephania was incredibly helpful when it came to restaurant recommendations and providing expert directions (with "must sees" along the way!). Her suggestion regarding where to park in Siena (and how to get there!) worked out very well! The views from the Villa are breathtaking and the proximity to Montepulciano was appreciated. Our morning breakfast extravaganzas were deliciously and expertly prepared by Assunta- we wanted to bring her back to Boston by the end of our stay! Cannot recommend highly enough that Villa Poggiano is a must stay when travelling in this part of Tuscany! We look forward to returning there when our travels take us back to Tuscany! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear Madame,

my personal thanks for your lovely review. I remember you , your husband and the nice couple was travelling with you and I will be very happy if one day you would like to came back at Villa Poggiano.

I want to thank you because you have mentioned Assunta, who does an incredible job for breakfast time, she work with passion and you could tell.

But if we have received nice reviews during the years is because of all the staff that works at villa Poggiano since 2002 when we converted a private villa in a luxury B&B.

We are a small staff, every year the same people work here and it is like a family now. Each single member work hard , with passion with the sol aim to satisfy our guest. The guest can't see how much work there is "behind the scenes", that we are still doing with the same entusiasm of the first day.

Thank you madame for your review and thank you to all my guest. Thanks for the love shown to us with your positive reviews that are a confirmation of our work, but at the same time a great responsibility because we have to do better, so when you will come back to visit us, I hope, you can always find something more but with the same atmosphere you have found the first time.

Stefania SAvini
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at the Villa Poggiano in mid-September. We arrived at the impressive gate to the property, were buzzed in and proceeded down the tree-lined drive to the beautiful main building where the owner, Stefania, was waiting for us. It was like something out of a movie. Both she and Angela were incredibly helpful and accommodating to my wife, who is disabled, and me. We had a suite in one of the buildings near the breakfast room which was large and very comfortable. The first night there Stefania and the staff did a dinner, which they do only on request in advance. Fortunately someone requested it. The dinner was excellent and very elegant, served on the villa terrace facing the sun setting over the Tuscan hills - truly a highlight of our trip. We highly recommend the Villa Poggiano, a unique and very classy experience in the Tuscan countryside.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple