“Home away from home, and more...” 5 of 5 stars

You added Agriturismo Il Vecchio Milipano to your Saves list
Agriturismo Il Vecchio Milipano
delle Cetine, 53045 Montepulciano, Italy   |
Gorinchem, The Netherlands
“Home away from home, and more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Il Vecchio Milipano for 4 nights. It was my present for my husband's 46th birthday. Driving our rented car from Pisa to the agriturismo didn't pose any problem, thanks to our navigation system. (Tip: Take one with you from home or rent one with the car!)
Arriving at the gate of Il Vecchio Milipano, we were relieved to be met by Monica's smiling face. We stayed in the mini-suite, Il Vecchio Milipano, which is off the main house. It's very clean and smells like flowers. It has a kitchenette where you can prepare Italian coffee (ask Monica how to use an Italian coffee-maker) and tea, a narrow wooden table with benches on either side, a t.v. , an antique men's wardrobe made in Kensington (England), and a balcony where we sat every morning to enjoy our delicious breakfast. The bed is very comfortable and of good size (my husband is 1.85 meter long) with lots of pillows. The bathroom has amenities like a hair dryer, shampoo, soap, and even a loofah. The shower might be on the smaller side for some people. So if you're a large person, it could be a little inconvenient. (Email Monica as she might have other suggestions.) There are beautiful details in the room like handwritten notes, fresh roses, and a personal present (hand-made heart-shaped soaps!). Monica brings breakfast in a basket with home-made bread and pastries, and jams (...and not to forget the ever-present note/a heart and a rose/flower!). Everyday is a surprise! The small refrigerator is supplied with milk, juice, butter, cheese and yoghurt. I always had more than enough to eat!
The house is a 10-15 minute walk to the center of Montepulciano. We did that on our first evening (Monica made a reservation for us at La Cabriole), and it was an envigorating climb. On our way back from the restaurant, we met a porcupine of about half a meter tall. (Tip: Bring a flashlight.) On some evenings when we're back early from dinner, we sat on the balcony listening to the nocturnal sounds of nature (I thought I heard a nightingale), sipping wine.
I consider ourselves lucky to have met Monica. I can see she loves what she's doing and takes it very seriously. We're also happy to have met her family and friends. And I have to mention her lovely daughter, Giulia, for translating. Monica's English is limited, but my Italian is much worse! (Tip: Bring a dictionary.) Thank you Giulia!
Thank you Monica, Marco, Giulia, and Vittorio for making us feel like a part of your family and home. Il Vecchio Milipano is so beautiful. We will surely come back. That's a promise!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Agriturismo Il Vecchio Milipano? Share your experiences!