“First visit to tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Via di San Donato10, 53045 Montepulciano, Italy   |
Ranked #17 of 39 Montepulciano B&B and Inns
“First visit to tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

What beautiful countryside & towns & cities.we stayed at palazzo bellarmino in montepulciano which proved to be excellent accommodation . It was the perfect base for our stay and the apartment was spacious, clean & comfortable. We would highly recommend these apartments.
We look forward to a return visit & this destination would be top of the list. The restaurants are great & all the food was so good.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12 il cantuccio which had brilliant view onto grande place from the bedroom window...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

Stayed in apartment Focolare. Loved this place & felt like a local. Location is excellent next to grand piazza. Originally planned to stay 2 nights but enjoyed apartment & location so much we extended our stay an additional 2 nights. Francesco is a wonderful host! He made our stay extra pleasant! Apartment is clean, very spacious, excellent location & we were able to park directly outside apt with permit. Highly recommend meals at Conte, a 1 minute walk with local cuisine & visiting Christian & Andrea at Talosa cantina for an interesting view of the wine cellar & wonderful wines. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Apartments are right next to the Duomo and main square at the top end of the town,set in one of the oldest buildings in Montepulciano,the apartment we rented for 2 nights was very modern within an old and beautiful facade

Our welcome on arrival was very warm,we were given very useful information in terms of sights and restaurants,and on our departure we were given help with bus times and also our walking route towards Chiusi

Our apartment had a superbly fitted kitchen so much so that we ate in both nights,coupled with a nice lounge and spacious bedroom with plenty of hanging space

The bathroom like the rest of the apartment was very modern and the whole place was spotless

Finally the people who managed/owned the Apartments were so helpful and made it a very special place

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Perfect location, right next door to the torture museum and just steps away from the cathedral, Piazza Grande, wine tasting and restaurants. We had a difficult time finding the apartment by car but you can park in front of the hotel while checking in. Be advised that there is a short (maybe 150 yards) but steep grade to ascend from the parking lot to the hotel and if your apartment is on the top floor as ours was (Apartment 13) there are an additional 60 steps to climb-no elevator. If you're lucky you can get the apartment with a view to the countryside. The apartment is huge; two separate bedrooms and a pretty well supplied kitchen which we used for nearly all of our meals. There is a good grocery store at the bottom of Montepulciano's old town on the right as you head toward Pienza. We did have trouble with the shower, the nozzle kept slipping down, and the stall was quite small. It would have been nice to have a couch or comfortablel chairs to relax in other than the kitchen table chairs but all these were very minor problems. We were more than satisfied with the accomodations

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the accommodation to be comfortable and very well located.
On arrival we were given a permit to park in the town for 2 hours while we unloaded and were advised of the closest parking which was only about 100m away.
The apartment was laid out in a funny configuration there was o where to sit together comfortably (the kitchen had a table and chairs for breakfast but was not an enticing place to sit) thus we spent all the time we were in the room in the bedroom as it was the only area that worked for this. In saying this the bedroom was very comfortable and the bed was excellent.
The apartments are in an old cardinals palace and the building is very interesting (ask to see the chapel that the Jesuits still use from time to time).
It is only a 1 minute walk to the cathedral and the rest of the town is spread out below you.
There are plenty of places to eat close by in fact the whole town is only a sort walk across.
We did have trouble finding anyone at reception most of the time as it is not always staffed, however as we had no real issues this was not a great problem.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This accomodation was the most comfortable of everywhere we stayed during our 3 weeks in Italy. Julian was such a wonderful host and organised discounted meals at a lovely restaurant around the corner as well as free tickets to a wine tasting event which happened to be on in the nearby castle.

The location is absolutely perfect. Opposite the cathedral, our apartment was the highest in the palazzo and looked out directly on to the cathedral bells. It felt very safe, renovated beautifully, you get to walk up the steps of the internal courtyard with full lighting at a switch of a button at any time of day or night. When we arrived Julian carried the heaviest of our suitcases all the way up with ease, unlike yours truly who struggled to carry our munchkin up initially - however you become quite used to the stairs and in the end I really enjoyed scaling them!

The apartment was huge, even bigger than our 3 bed house back in Australia, which was rare for Italy in our experience. It was immaculate in terms of facilities, cleanliness and comfort of the king size bed. Our 15 month old was doted on everywhere we went in Montepulciano and especially loved all the room in the apartment to run about. It was minimalistic and very easy to baby proof compared to other accommodation we stayed in, and it was great to be all on one level.

Montepulciano was our favourite place in Italy. I think this was in part due to the graciousness of the people we met and of course the amazing scenery everywhere you look - truly you feel as if you are in a painting.

However it was the mystical experience I had on our last evening here which will stay with me forever. I woke up in the early hours of the morning and saw the outline of a huge angel on the other side of the bed beside my husband. The ceilings are very high and it's wings were clearly outlined against the large wardrobe behind it. I am not a religious person, so this was a truly amazing experience and completely shocked me. The angel emitted a very loving energy and I sensed it was performing healing on my husband, so I didn't feel scared but grateful for having witnessed this.

The bathroom window of the apartment looks out directly onto several floors of nuns in their habits going about their daily work so perhaps it is all this praying which attracts angels to the area!

In any case we are grateful and I hope other people may have as special time here as we did.

• Stayed February 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This apartment was one of the highlights of my trip to Tuscany. It was my first trip, and my first solo venture. I had come from Florence, and arrived in Montepulciano in the afternoon. The apartment was spacious, cool, immaculately clean, everything was new, and the bed was comfortable. I had plenty of extra blanktes and towels. It was exactly what I wanted. I received the best service from Donatella, the proprietor, she was kind and welcoming and provided great tips on where to shop, dine, and walk. The hotel is on top of Montepulciano and is right by the main square - the location is prime! The kitchen was wonderful for me as I like to make my own breakfasts and snacks from goods I find in the markets.As a solo female traveler, I fet safe, secure, and well connected. The WiFi is solid here so you can check in with life outside of vacation. I adored this hotel and I will return on my next trip to Tuscany.

Room Tip: I stayed in Il Cantuccio. The view was great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Palazzo Bellarmino? Share your experiences!