“offers everything you need” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Bicchierai, 31, Montecatini Terme, Italy   |
Ranked #20 of 108 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
“offers everything you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The right hotel and the right location for daily cruising around Tuscany.Very plesent place,in the center of the city with possibility to park your car just near hotel.We recommend pizzeria Gatto Bianco close to a hotel, outside the city center.

Room Tip: 108 is great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stopped here last August, the hotel is close by the two train stations of Montecatini which is perfect to get to places such as Florence, Lucca and Viareggio. The hotel itself was very clean and tidy. My only complaint is that there was no where to leave our luggage whilst we waited to leave for our flight home. This left us waiting in the lobby for 4 hours which wasn't a great way to end such a good holiday. Other than this I would definitely recommend this hotel and Montecatini itself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I don't even know where to start complaining for this reportedly 4 stars hotel! My room was dirty, dusty and permeated with an intense stench of smoke and I'd say feet odor. No policy information is provided in the room table or attached at the door, neither a pen or a cheap notepad, like nobody cares. A low free wifi is available, unless your room is at the second floor (didn't say 10th floor) in which case the signal is so low you can't navigate at all. Breakfast? Pretty good for a 2 stars hotel. I only rate it with 2 stars for its convenient location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Montecatini Terme, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very nice and pleasant hotel.
Rooms are very spacious, very quiet. The staff is very nice and helpful.
The restaurant has a very good food!
I have very good memories from this hotel since I spent my birthday there!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We traveled to Italy in October 2013 with a tour group. We stayed at Hotel Da Vinci. We were warned that ratings of hotel in Europe do not compare to those in the USA. How true! The hotel was VERY clean which is #1 on my list. Room are adequate. Beds are not very comfy and pillows are FLAT. There is a desk, an armoire and 2 chairs in the room. The safe is very tiny. Definitely cannot store a DLSR camera, nor iPad. Not much more than a wallet, passport and small point and shoot camera. Rooms were supposedly smoke free but the odor of smoke was very strong! A/C had been shut off due to the normal temps that time of year being low. Weather was unusually warm while we were there. We had to keep windows open due to smokey smell and temperature. Windows have no screens! WiFi was okay after we complained and they realized something was wrong. IT guy got things working again. Lobby and outside sitting area is very comfy and adequate. Breakfast is not what we are used to is US but there is yogurts, pastries, cereal and some fruit. Dinner was not terrible but we had better food at the restaurants. Cannot speak about pool. It was closed at the time we visited. This hotel is a good value for the price, close to trains and other large cities you will want to visit. You won't make a mistake by staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We loved stayed at this hotel. It was well locAted and had a pool right across. The hotel is walking distance from the train station (i was pregnant so wanted everything nearby) and is very near to all the thermal spas. The room was big enuff for two (considering the price) and had a decent sized balcony overlooking shops and amazing restaurants.
We were looking for a cheap deal for a weekend getaway and this fit just right. Thanks!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel is nice an clean and in a good location. There is some water noise from the room next door. The breakfast and dinners included were ok nothing great, if you want to eat good italian food go to a restaurant somewhere else. The main problem I had with this hotel was the staff with the exception of Cesare. He was so nice and helpful and attentive. Everything I asked him for he happily provided without hesitation. If I asked one of the women staff for the identical item, such as a glass, or to exchange dollars they would always say no. They didn't seem to like Americans or else they are burned out since it is the end of the season, the hotel closes the day we leave. I was very disappointed in the treatment from the ladies, at breakfast one day I would have to pay for coffee from the bar and the next day I wouldn't have to. One day two of us had the same coffee and I was charged but the lady next to me wasn't. When I asked the waitress she gave me a bad look and should her obvious dislike of me.( but didn't return my money until I asked my favorite guy. I would have liked some more consistency. The ladies wouldn't exchange dollars but Cesare happily would at any time. What's up with the ladies?? The other man that worked there refused to give me any eye contact or acknowledge me waiting at the counter for 5 minutes but when 2 lovely ladies came in and went in from of me he helped them right away! It's a shame because I was so enjoying my stay but as the days went by it became less and less of a nice place to stay. Please give my regards to the wonderful Cesare and find some new ladies to work here! Also beds are very hard!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 216 a solo room and it was fine, I would have liked a softer bed, but this is Italy...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Da Vinci? Share your experiences!