“Hotel Boston Comfortable Hotel, Montecatini Terme fabulous” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Boston

You added Hotel Boston to your Saves list
Hotel Boston
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Bicchierai, 16 / 20, 51016 Montecatini Terme, Italy   |
Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
sydney
“Hotel Boston Comfortable Hotel, Montecatini Terme fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent a week at Hotel Boston as a solo traveller and I was very happy with my choice. It's in a very pretty street, perfect position to everything. I took a double room as single use as I wanted a comfortable room for a week. Glad I did this as the single rooms are extremely small. Everything runs very well, reception, dining room and housekeeping. Absolutely no problems. Breakfast is fine, all the typical continental breakfast foods plus scrambled egg and bacon. Dinners were good as well. There are a couple of restaurants at the end of the street as well. Swimming pool is rooftop and just around the corner of Hotel Boston, literally 45 seconds away. Also used by sister hotel across the road. The pool is small but well used and I was very happy to have it. It was September and still very hot. The town is beautiful, an absolute delight. The shops are fabulous. Walking the town was easy and enjoyable, never got tired of it. One of the best towns I have ever visited. I was there for a whole week and it was perfect. Took a couple of day tours which were terrific Sienna and San Gimignano, and the Chianti Wine Tasting Tour. Trained it to Vieraggio beach. Had a spa session at Redi, just up the road from the hotel. Lucca is half an hour away by train, and Florence, one hour away. I absolutely loved my week alone in this beautiful, elegant town. Of a night time the town lights up like fairyland. Loved it, even sat and had cocktails on my own in open bar areas around the town, I felt perfectly comfortable doing this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Sunderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were a wedding party of 30 people using the Hotel Boston as a base. The staff were very helpful and the accommodation excellent. We were bed and breakfast but several of the party also had dinner and the food was excellent. The hotel is well situated near both of the train stations in Montecatini. Car parking is available around the hotel for 3 euros per day (ticket from the hotel) or secure parking in hotel car park for 7 euros per day. Staff were very knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble for them. Rooms were spotlessly clean and the cleaning staff also very friendly. There is also an excellent roof top pool with good views of the area. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms to the side of the building are less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Helier, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Lovely town ,hotel is a great base to come back to after sightseeing in Forence,Pisa etc.set in a pleasant street and near to good places to eat.
Breakfast is a great start to the day with assorted breads,pastries,meat ,cheese and eggs.
Room was on the street so could be noisy,but, bed was comfortable.
everything very clean and staff friendly.
Am planning to go back soon as i loved the town.
Will stay in the hotel boston again.
Good value for money.
Would ask for a room away from the street next time.

Room Tip: Try and get room away from street noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband I loved staying at this hotel. The location was perfect. You could walk to everything, including the little train that takes you to Montecatinni Alto (which by the way was awesome) The common areas of the hotel are decorated very tastefully. A very clean hotel. Our room was a nice size & the bathroom was big! The front desk people could not have been any nicer. They all spoke English & were very helpful. There is a laudromat around the corner, the spas are up the street. This little town has a lot to offer. Only thing I didn't like was the internet was only available in the common areas. Other than that, we would for sure stay there again. PS we did eat in their restaurant through Legendary Journey booking. The service was good but the food was below average. I would not stop staying there over this!! On the corner is a great Pizzeria with the friendliest people around, not to mention GREAT food!!!! We rented a car in town from a cool guy for about $120 american dollars. We were able to drive to Sienna, San Giminagno & Florence in a full day. I would recommend this hotel! The owner even carried our luggage upstairs :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have just returned form our 5th stay at Hotel Boston. Hotel position is perfect, walking distance to train/bus stations and even Alto! Staff are very friendly and helpful, even with my lack of Italian we get there and its great to see the same people still at the hotel and they remeber you which is really welcoming. Rooms are great, comfortable bed, kept very clean, good size and thank you once again for a room with a balcony. The pool area is good and the views are fantastic especailly at sunset. Buffett breakfasts are good, you can eat as much or as little as you like. There is a nice terrace at the front of the hotel to enjoy a drink at any time or just to sit and watch the world go by. Montecatini is a wounderful place and so accessable to other towns/citys. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay a great as all the other times. Ps I miss "Piccolo" the little dog - give him a hug from me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Central Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here 6 or 7 nights in April after coming from Florence to meet up with a tour group. The hotel is conveniently located for walking around in Montecatini, very close to the main street and within easy walking distance of the Centro train station (cost for taxi from train station was 10 euros--we had two pieces of checked luggage and two carry-on types). The rooms and common areas were very clean. We had breakfast there each day and dinner several nights; I'd rate the food as average. There was live music in the lobby the Saturday night we were there, and that was enjoyable. The free wifi is available only in the lobby area.

Now, about the front desk service issues: I had to go back three times before I was able to pay my room tax. It was a matter of being told to come back, come back, etc., without explanation, so I don't know if only one person was authorized to take the payment or if the others did not understand what I wanted.

Another time I discovered all the lights on our end of the hall were off and no switches I could find would make them work. When I went to the (vacant) front desk to seek help and tapped the bell several times, no one acknowledged me, even though the person who staffed the front desk (I assume) was tending bar in the lobby, not 30-40 feet away and within visual range. I had to go stand in front of him before he acknowledged me and I was able to explain the problem.

But the most disconcerting experience occurred when I asked the gentleman at the front desk (this was a different person from the man just mentioned) a question about postage for mailing cards. He looked at me, left the front desk area (he was the only one there), and walked out the front door without ever saying a word. There is a sister hotel across the street, and I can only presume that's where he went. If he didn't speak English, he could have said so; I'm confident I could have understood enough Italian to have grasped his meaning.

My experience at this hotel seems not to have been the norm,or at least that's what I've concluded after reading the reviews. Maybe we just had the misfortune of being there at a time when several front desk people were simultaneously having bad days.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Nice clean rooms and great people at the counter including the owner who take care of things.
The common areas were nice and clean. Breakfast buffet in the morning was a little repetitive but nice with cheese,breads,eggs etc. Dinner was wonderfull. We spent 14 days at that hotel and never ate the same sauce on our pastas. You can rent a car not too far from there.
Nice to walk around. Nice terrasse to have a drink or coffee at night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo