“Best Value for Montecatini” 4 of 5 stars

Golf Hotel Corallo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Cavallotti 116, 51016 Montecatini Terme, Italy   |
Ranked #71 of 109 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
seattle
“Best Value for Montecatini”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We rented two rooms and were amazed at the value for such a great location. The hotel is dated but very clean, and the staff is very accommodating. Has a rooftop pool and sitting area, didn't use the pool but had a nice time sipping wine and snacks with the amazing rooftop view, Also had a view terrace off our room. Short walk to the major sights and don't miss the vernacular that takes you to Montecatini Alto.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

• Turkish first
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

When we found this place, it was like "I can't believe it. This is a place for kings to stay. For just $50/night."

We booked a "superior room," thinking it was a better room for just two people. We did not need to. It is a room with two bedrooms. It is ideal if you need a separate room for another 1-2 people for them to have privacy.

Lobby is extremely elegant made of marble with wineglasses and a piano in its decor.

It is in a nice, quaint little town.

Parking is valet (but free). Make sure when you need your car to give several minutes notice for it to be removed.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ramnicu Valcea, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

So, we made a reservation three month in advance for a double room at the Golf Hotel Corallo, but... When we got there, we said to the receptionist that we have a reservation and he said:
- "We are fully booked.."
- "But, we made the reservation three months ago!!!"
- "Yes, I know..". "I booked you a room to another hotel......"
So, we didn't had the chance to stay there! At least if the hotel had sent us a message at the time we made the reservation.. but nothing, for three months...
The location was great, in the city center, but we stayed at another hotel away from the center.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I would love to tell you all how wonderful this Hotel was but I can't as booking four months in advance is no guarantee you will get to stay here!

We researched this area on trip advisor as always and decided on the Corallo Hotel for six nights booked with Venere on the 2nd Feb for Monday the 7th June stay.

Arrived in Rome and drove 210 miles north to Montecatini to the Corallo hotel to be told by the owner there is NO ROOM "but I booked four months ago it must be a mistake" NO ROOM we are overbooked he said.

Over the next five minutes I tried to get a explanation why we did not have our room and why all the people that booked after us did, I am still waiting for the reply
all I got was NO ROOM He then took us to a Hotel out of Town which was not walking distance to the restaurants and shops and said you have room here.

If I had wanted to stay out of Town I would have booked out of Town my Friend!

Also that afternoon I got a email off Venere "thank you for cancelling the Corallo hotel" I did not cancel the Hotel please if you are reading this review and think it is just some booking mix up its not he bumped us out that hotel to give someone else our room.

Do not book this Hotel he will treat you with Contempt

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

The location of the hotel is superb, right in the midle of montecatini, approximately 10 minutes walk from the station. However, that is its only positive point.

The room I was given was incredibly small, it was ensuite but the bath leaked so the bathroom flooded every time I showered. The air conditioning compressors were right outside my window so if anyone in another room was sleeping with air-conditioning on I was kept awake all night by something that sounded like a jackhammer.

The food was passable but hardly recommended when there are numerous restaurants in montecatini.

But the worst thing about the hotel was the staff. The people on the reception were incredibly rude. particularly the man who dismissed me because I wanted to book a taxi in the evening, not at lunchtime. And the waiters/waitresses in the restaurant treat any non-Italian with complete contempt.

There are numerous reasonably priced hotels in Montecatini, do not choose this one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dewsbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

The hotel is very easy to find, we walked from the rail station and its about a 10 minute walk.

Upon check in I was met with a really nice gentleman. He was great, very friendly and I thought that we were about to have a great stay at what did actually look like a very nice hotel.
Then we got to the room.
The room is pokey at best, the bed was small and the headboard was practically hanging off. If you are a couple hoping for some slap and tickle don't bother, the bed is so squeaky and rattly you would be heard on the moon.
The shower is literally in front of the toilet, no curtain, nothing. When you are sat on the loo your feet are literally in the shower.
The internet is not actually all it claims. Rather you get a number that lasts for 2 hours, then you have to go and get another number for a further 2 hours which is fine until.... Well, until the idiot they have employed to do the night shift.
He does not like his job - Fact. If you asked him the time no doubt he would put a price on your head.
I couldn't figure out why the curtains couldn't be drawn so went and asked him and he came to the room. He was practically laughing in my face. When we got to the room he noticed something wrong with the curtains (I couldn't see anything) he started getting aggressive saying I would have to pay? I asked what he was talking about and he just kept saying "you know what, you will pay" Then when I mentioned that contrary to what the hotel advertises they do not in fact have Sky TV, rather 4 Italian speaking channels he shrugged it off and said he would sort it out. An hour later he hadn't even bothered to come back and nothing was sorted so I went to see him and he kept saying "What do you want from me? It doesn't work get over it"
The following morning really annoyed I decided to chill out by the pool. It was full of scum and bird droppings and mould. This for me was the final straw.
We had booked for 3 nights but left after the first night. We got absolutely no sleep because of all the noise and I refused to pay upon check out.

I took the reviews on here to mean it was a good hotel - It isn't. It really isn't.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix Arizona USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We just returned from our trip to Montecatini Terme. This hotel is located in the heart of the city, steps away from shops and the spas. It is a couple blocks away from a nice park, great for morning walks/jogging or a pleasant evening stroll. Lots of decent restaurants nearby. You can take the tram (about 15 min walk from the hotel) uphill to Montecatini Alto (the hill town). The price for the room (no balcony; breakfast not included) was $48/ night - was great considering you spend very little time in the hotel. The room was clean. Bathroom had only a shower (no tub), was small - worked for us okay. The best part of this hotel is you can come out at 9 PM and see lots of people walking the streets with family and friends - was a great way to chill out after a full day of site seeing.

Dont miss Cafe Giovanni (about 10 min walk from the hotel) has great pastries and gelato. Overall decent hotel, wonderful location and unbeatable price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Golf Hotel Corallo? Share your experiences!