While traveling in March with a choir from Lake Zurich, IL, we descended upon the Hotel Tamerici. We barely walked in the door, that the staff had our room keys available and our rooms beautifully ready for us after a long bus ride. There were about 145 of us--yes, 145. We were treated very nicely and graciously, despite this group being mostly teens (well-behaved ones) and Americans! haha We know we don't always display the best European behavior, but we were treated very nicely by the staff and in the lovely hotel. We understood that the food can be different than what we were used to. (bacon is not the well done, crispy bacon we are used to), but the selection was wonderful and tasty. The staff hustled about making sure our food looked lovely and presentable. The rooms were incredibly decorated with taste and immaculate as well. There was some construction going on but it wasn't intrusive. The view we had was just breathtaking and charming. We loved the comfortable and plush beds, too. We were in Italy for 10 days and this was by far, our favorite place. The town was just gorgeous, with shops, bakeries, and restaurants. It was safe for the kids to walk around in groups alone, too. Loved it!!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tamerici And Principe
- Grand Hotel Tamerici Principe
- Grand Hotel Montecatini Terme
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From a big Art Nouveau villa the architect has obtained a modern building and the previous motives embellish the large and bright halls which are enriched with carpets of great value, draperies, Murano crystalware, ancient bronzes and nineteenth century Italian-style paintings. Relaxing and peaceful areas of semi-darkness interchange with the halls brightness and the brillant vivacity of colours. The hotel is happily located, in a quiet area in the middle of the green Spa parks, 2 Top Suites, 25 apartments and 130 bedrooms. 10 meters from the Montecatini Congress and Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.