“Air conditioner did not work” 3 of 5 stars

Grand Bellavista Palace E Golf Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Fedeli No 2, 51016 Montecatini Terme, Italy   |
Ranked #56 of 110 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
Collinsville, Illinois
“Air conditioner did not work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had a four day stay at this hotel as part of a tour package. Actually we were pretty impressed because the first hotel was awful. The lady at the front desk was not very friendly and couldn't answer a lot of our questions because she either didn't understand or did not know the answer. Our room was never cleaned...just beds made and clean towel. (and I mean towel, we were given one clean towel per person) Loved Montecatini-just didn't love the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a working air conditioner. We weren't the only ones in our group t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here as part of a tour and had four nights here.
The first room on the second floor was very nice but I couldn't sleep due to the room being far too hot and air conditioning not working properly.
After two night they moved us to the basement and we were able to control the air conditioning and was thus able to sleep. However, the room was grotty and had a damp smell to it.
The reception staff were unfriendly and I would definitely not go back to the hotel. WE went in the middle of august and there were hardly anybody apart from our tour staying there. I am sure there must be lots more hotels you can go to.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room in the basement
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

When we pulled up to this hotel I thought the grounds were just beautiful, almost mansion-like, with a beautiful pool out back. This is where the fantasy stops. We had a terrible room....in the basement! It smelled so bad of mold and mildew and the carpets were damp. The bathroom light was terrible, so dark and everything was in general OLD. My friend went to get in the shower and grabbed the bar in the tub and almost pulled it off the wall! Underneath is was all corroded and rusty. They obviously have electrical problems here too. I went to dry my hair with my dryer, using the proper converters, and ended up blowing out the electricity in the hotel. Or maybe the problem was several people were using the electricity at the same time.

Then our two friends were staying in the room next to us and they went to open the sliding patio door, which was a huge door, and the thing came off the track and almost crushed them both. I also heard about the cat burglars but apparently this has been a problem for quite some time. I'm sure there are a lot nicer hotels in Montecatini and I would definitely stay elsewhere next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room out of the basement!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sunnyvale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had a nice large room, bedroom, sitting room, two bathrooms. Service was spotty.

BEWARE, they do not tell you that they have a serious problem with cat burglars, I woke up to one in my room, and he ran out the second bathroom balcony, only getting my companion's purse. The police, when we made the report say it is common and that they will climb to the fourth floor. The security guard was no where to be found, until I started ringing the alarm in the elevator. He insinuated it was our fault because our window was open (we were fairly high up). He said it shows on the computer. He said it a couple times. The following morning the lady at the front desk, also accused us of keeping our window open, and to use the air conditioning.

There is no warning to keep the windows closed, no note, no attempt at putting in a security device that lets the window open slightly for air (other hotels I stayed at in Tuscany let the window tilt slightly in from the top). I met one other person staying at the hotel who was at the same conference, and he too was ripped off, but he didn't wake up and they cleaned him out including computer, camera, money, etc.

Given that this occurred with me and the only other person I knew at the hotel, and given the attitude of the security and front desk, and given the complete lack of warning or other measures to curb the incidence of ROBBERS IN YOU ROOM WHILE YOU SLEEP, and concerning the police also says it happens all the time, I couldn't help but think that the hotel or at least some of their employees were complicit with the thieves.

Room Tip: Get one on the pool side, I think the mold was in the ones on the spa side. Don't leave your w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
West Seneca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Our hotel room was huge...4 rooms for th 2 of us: an entryway, with a chair, sitting room with couch, desk, tv and balcony, bathroom and bedroom with balcony.

It was hard to get service at the bar...we melting having to too the recption area an ask for a bartender, but al in all, thi was by far th nicest hotel we stayed at during our Cosmos tour.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed there with our family in September and where pleasantly surprised, after reading all the previous reviews here. The service was on top of everything and the breakfast had everything you would have wanted. The front desk staff was knowledgeable of the area and very friendly. They made us choose between two different sections of the hotel and the rooms were well maintained, very spacious and clean. The dinner was traditional Italian and authentic'. The Hotel is situated just behind the Spa's of Monecatini and walking distance through the park to all the stores. We were lucky to get a relaxing massage while our kids had fun in the outdoor pool.
The Hotel staff must have taken the previous comments here to heart, because we had an excellent stay and I would definitely recommend the place to my friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fremont, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

What a disappointment. Mold, mildew, peeling wallpaper in the halls. Ugh! At least the room was spacious and the bathroom was one of the largest we encountered while touring Italy. Our bathroom had standing water a couple inched deep in one corner. The breakfast was impressive but I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Bellavista Palace E Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!