“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our family had a lovely stay in this beautiful city. The hotel bathroom was spa-like with robes, slippers, and products. The bedroom was a little out-dated. The food was reasonable and tasty. We loved the coffee machine available in the mornings! There is a laundromat directly behind the hotel! We walked to the nearby Carousel and took a wonderful buggy ride through the park!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cadiz, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Ercolini & Savi last month for nine days. First we had a reservation for six nights, but afterwards we think to stay three days more, because of the good experience we had.We enjoyed the hotel indeed, with a very good breakfast, a quiet room with a balcony. Besides the staff was very helpful and the ideal location of this hotel, between Firenze and Pisa, Viareggio...The Ercolini is a fantastic base for exploring Tuscany, without any doubt.

Room Tip: Rooms facing to the mountains are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights, hired a car and drove around Tuscany, was perfect for that, although the one way system in Montecatini was something we just couldn't get the hang of!

The hotel was great value, the breakfast was lovely and the staff were helpful. The room was clean and spacious. Particularly liked the outside bar seating where you can watch the world go by in the evening. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sunny Salford, Manchester, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great location for exploring Tuscany, particularly Pisa and Florence as mid-way between. The entrance, dining areas and shared areas are very opulent with marble pillars ans chandeliers and impressive. Our room was a little tired and in need of a refresh but it served as an ideal base for our exploring of the region. Great buffet continental breakfast with fresh coffee. Staff very friendly. Excellent value for money and location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Three of us stayed for a couple of nights during a trip through Italy in exceptional summer heat. What a pleasant respite!! And a great value. The hotel restaurant was fabulous too!

• Stayed June 2012
Ballina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Last month I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. I was part of a tour group and my tour company had selected this hotel. I can see why they did. A very cental location in a picturesque Tuscan town, the hotel has very pleasant public rooms and very helpful and polite staff. However the rooms are rather disappointing.
On my first night I was allocated a single room at the back of the hotel. It was the 4th room I had been in since my arrival in Italy 2 weeks earlier and was rather "underwelmed" when I walked in. It was a dismal day and figured the rather grimy looking room was looking dull to reflect the day. There was a very long black "sticky stain" about 1m long on the red carpet but I did not let that worry me. The towels in my bathroom were clean but thin and scratchy.
However after dinner, my disappointment turned to annoyance and then disgust. Obviously a once larger room had been partitioned off with a sheet of ply or something. I could hear everything from the room next door. Every word said on the tv, the opening and closing of drawers and the wardrobe, the shower. What really irked me was not that I could hear my neighbours brushing their teeth but I heard them pee and *** in their toilet. And one of them snored!!! Needless to say that I had a very unpleasant night with little sleep. I checked the price of the room on the notice on the back of the door. 165 Euros. This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel.
In the morning I felt shattered and had a full day in Firenze on the agenda. I spoke to my tour guide ( the best one in the Universe by the way, Mrs Mary Hammond freelancing for Albatross Tours) and she quickly arranged another room across the hall. My father was staying on the same floor so she made sure we were still close by for the next 4 nights.
The lovely staff were most apologetic and I was allocated a larger room facing the street. It was in better condition and with a king bed. However, I have to warn you, if I had been travelling with my husband it would not have suited either. He is 6'3" and broad shouldered: not in the least bit overweight. He would not have fitted into the shower. At 5"8" I fitted in but could not raise both arms at once to wash my hair. I had to wash it one armed. Miniscule
There was a lot happening in Montecatini Terme that weekend. double glazing on the windows and double thickness doors opening into the hallway are really needed there. Very noisy Americans and Koreans just dont seem to care that others are trying to sleep at 1 am and walk along the hall talking very loudly and the busy bustle of a lovely holiday town permeates the thin outer "membranes: of the rooms.
One plus, the housekeepers are extremely effcient and have rooms cleaned early and expertly each day.
Would I choose to stay there again? No. But the experience did not diminish the overall enjoyment of my amazing Albatross Tour.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is a five minute walk from the train station - Montecatini Centro. This is quite important as Montecatini is a great base for travel to other areas such as Pisa, Lucca, Siena and Firenze. In addition, the hotel is within walking distance to various boutiques, cafes, spas, the market and the furnicular. The staff were relatively friendly and the rooms are clean. Definitely a great value for your money if you are looking for a practical and comfortable hotel in Montecatini Terme.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Ercolini & Savi? Share your experiences!