“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
northants
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We spent three nights here, and enjoyed our stay. Decor was mainly traditional Italian, but with all mod cons.The food was plentiful and well cooked.
It was very clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable and our only complaint was that the TV wouldn`t work as it was broken.
However, the hotel is centrally situated and only five minutes walk from the town centre, which was lively even on a Sunday night. Staff were quite helpful and I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: As the lifts only hold two people comfortably with luggage, probably a good idea to get a ground flo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My fiancè and I spent just one night at this hotel in Montecatini, mostly in order to try the Spa. Overall we had an amazing experience!

Of course my judgement can be biased by the fact it was my first time in a Spa, nevertheless I can say the receptionists were really kind and professional when we booked by phone and also when we arrived at the hotel, the hotel looks generally nice as with decorations and furnitures, the rooms are beautiful and with all possible accessories and the breakfast was good.

But certainly the added value of the hotel is the WONDERFUL Spa: an emotional shower, a special "salt-treatment" vaporised room (Rasul bath), a spatious jacuzzi, Kneipp basins for feet treatment, a relax area with drinks and fruits, a Turkish bath, a wonderful sauna (my favourite!) and much more. All wrapped in a sensual and relaxing atmosphere with music and steam everywhere. A dream!

Can't say much about the price since we went there with one of those "box offers" gave to us by a friend as a present. We will never thank him enough for the wonderful experience we had thanks to his gift!

Highly recommended for the Spa.

LIKED: the Spa above all but also the elegant feeling coming from the hotel.
DISLIKED: there was no shower gel nor shampoo in the room -probably it was just an oversight since there were other beauty bottles (such as cream, oil, etc.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
North Adams, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I loved this hotel. It is a family-run place and it is beautiful. The staff is super accommodating. The food and wine is delicious and they also have a beautiful pool. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My first trip to the Manzoni was a tour in October, 2012 (my 3rd trip to Italy) and my first to the hotel. The tour was hectic, the hotel was my "home" after a long day! I had the opportunity to go to Rome in April, 2013 & was excited to be able to go "home" to Montecatini where we were treated as family. The owners (a beautiful young couple) & the entire staff made it possible to be rid of the real world stress....especially the amazing spa treatment. When travelling so far away from home especially in trying times, the family atmosphere is what is needed. In fact, the day after my return home, the unfortunate Boston Marathon bombing happened. That evening, I received an e-mail from Cristina, the owner of the Hotel Manzoni, having heard about the incident, was inquiring about my safety and offering her thoughts and prayers to everyone in the US. When in Rome, we stayed at a fine hotel but highly recommend the Manzoni. for all these amenities; friendly atmosphere, amazing food & I reached my goal to "soak up local color" that was missed the first due to the fast paced tours. 8 days was not long enough. I give the Manzoni my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: I've stayed at the Manzoni twice, a double room in the main section and a single in the south se...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I agree with other reviews that it was probably a nice hotel at some point in time but no longer. The shower is a small stall, with no place to put soap, shampoo, etc. The shower is in need of repair and very dark. The ceiling in shower is peeling and the water didn't drain. When we first got there I had to stand on a chair in the shower to adjust the hand held shower head as it was crooked and water was directed towards the wall. The rest of the room was okay although it had peeling paint on at least one wall and the rug needed a cleaning. The bedspread had a large stain on it (underneath.) Oh, there were stains on the bath towels - kind of gross. The lobby wasn't particularly "Italian" and looked like it was designed by George Jetson. It would have been more appropriate in a second rate Las Vegas hotel. I thought the food was a bit ordinary and since we were with a tour group, we weren't offered choices. I have done a bit of travel in Europe and know not to expect U.S. standards, but I have to say that I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: I think that there is probably a difference in rooms. If I weren't with a tour, I might have as...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

You really cannot beat the location; walk out the door and turn in any direction for loads of dinner choices, shopping possibilities, and the walk must include a trip to the park where you can catch the "fonicular" (red cable style car) and ride to the top of the really huge hill. Any shortcomings in the not-so-modern decor or furnishings should not deter you from experiencing this hotel.

During our stay (4 nights), a ring was left on the night stand and it wasn't there when we returned. The desk staff were right on it, called the cleaning person at home, and found out the ring was put in the nightstand drawer. After much searching, we did find it there in the very back of the drawer in a dark corner. A reward was worth the recovery of the ring and the Manager at the desk was just exceptional in her willingness to try to help us out.

Our tour included breakfasts and dinners (breakfasts were good) and the waiters were exceptional in their sense of humor and serving skills. Dinner would have been better if maybe ravioli or lasagna were offered. After all, don't travelers look forward to a taste of Italy?

Rooms were generously sized, the room key is on a ring with a big, heavy doorknob type of a thing (you're supposed to leave it at the desk when you go out), and the AC does not respond to any settings or adjustments you make, but that all is just part of the character and personality of the hotel.

It's a popular property for tours coming and going; the lobby seems to have a regular stream of folks waiting to check in. I would go back here again; I really liked the location and the community. Such a pretty setting!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Every time we walked through the lobby we were greeted with a warm "hello". Food was great. Had a good pool and spa. Besides the service and food, the location was outstanding, walking distance from the train, shopping and Montecatini alto. Not only do you get the calm surroundings of a true spa location, walk outside of the hotel and you get true Italian culture, small streets with tucked in restaurants, cafes and small shops.
Overall the hotel and staff showed us true Italian hospitality/culture!!! Def going back on our next trip!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Manzoni? Share your experiences!