Just back from a week in this very stylish town - though many shops and attractions were closed due to the August flight to coooler climes. On the face of it, the public rooms of Croce di Malta are achingly stylish (as part of an ongoing refurbishment) but populated by stylishly aching septagenarians. Probably a different clientele entirely in the cooler months. Our room (not yet refurbished) was clean, the bathroom was monumentally marbled and it had a whirlpool bath. However, as a family of 3 we would probably book a junior suite next time so we wer not The hotel is almost impossible to find in the Escher-inspired local traffic system, but the recepton staff were kind enough to email the traffic cops twice to save us a ticket when crashing the on/off pedestrian areas. As late risers we didn't get full value from the breakfast buffet, as it was not fully replenished after a certain time - and the small waiting staff seemd a tad frazzled by the end of service. Half of the room was given over to the large party of elderly folk, which meant a bit of a scramble for the remaining tables, which (perhaps understandably) weren't always cleared from previous diners. We ate out each night, and would heartily recommend a trip to Montecatini Alto for an al fresco meal in a beautiful square - but don't expect to park after 8.00pm. The Funicular railway is a good alternative at 7 euros return. The pool was lovely, but suffered from the usual staking of claims to loungers by towel. We will certainly return to Croce di Malta, and by then maybe all of the rooms will match the loveliness of the public areas.
- Also Known As:
- Croce Di Malta Montecatini Gh Hotel
- Croce Di Malta Montecatini Gh Hotel Montecatini Terme
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Croce di Malta is located next to the thermal park of Montecatini Terme, just few steps from the centre, the Spa and the shopping area. The 140 rooms (some of them with Jacuzzi) have air conditioning, telephone, Lcd tv, safety box.Two restaurants offer Tuscan specialities and local recipies; the Bar Lounge has a wide sitting area on the terrace; the Business Center has 6 Conference rooms furnished with modern technologies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Croce Di Malta Montecatini GH reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.