“Beware intruders to bedrooms on the first floor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Europa Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montecatini Terme
Europa Hotel
You added Europa Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Della Querceta 2, 51016 Montecatini Terme, Italy   |
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
HSOCELLO
“Beware intruders to bedrooms on the first floor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have just returned from a school trip to this hotel and I had an intruder in my bedroom (room 207, first floor) on Wednesday morning, whilst I was asleep. The intruder used the grills on the windows of the room directly below mine as a ladder and entered my bedroom via the open window.(see photos)The intruder stole my watch and a few other items from my room whilst I slept. This particular room has a leaking air conditioning unit which formed a large puddle behind the door. As I was not sure the aircon worked, I left the windows open.
My colleagues in room 202 left their window open and had money and an IPod stolen the same morning.
My purpose in writing this is to warn school parties to advise their students to KEEP THE WINDOWS LOCKED on the first floor as an intruder can easily climb into the room using the window grills of the rooms directly below the first floor windows. I was lucky. The intruder did not harm me in any way, but it does not bare thinking about what might have happened.
In fairness to the hotel, they moved my colleagues and I to rooms on the second floor after we had called the police on discovering the thefts.

I had read the previous reviews and was expecting Faulty Towers but I was pleasantly surprised. We were a large party of 75 students and staff plus musical intruments and the hotel coped fairly well with the numbers at meal times. The service was perhaps a little slow but the meals were plentiful and nutritious. Breakfast consisted of rolls, brioche, cereals, croissants,plus tea, coffee and fruit juice.

The rooms are basic and yes there were some faults like fixtures being loose and some showers containing long flexes hanging down into the shower, which may be an electrical risk if they were live.(see photos) Also a fuse box in one of our rooms was broken and another had a broken aircon unit which was sellotaped up.

We had insisted on a health and safety check prior to our visit and the hotel installed smoke alarms in the corridors for us, but I would have liked to have seen smoke alarms in the bedrooms as well.

My overall assessment of this hotel was positive, despite the intruder on Wednesday. The staff were pleasant, the food plentiful and the rooms were a little dated but the beds were clean and comfortable.

Just watch the security as there are thieves about in this area.

Room Tip: School parties avoid the rooms on the first floor ie any rooms whose numbers start with a 2 for the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
London U.K.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Having read the horrendous reviews before staying in this hotel, our school group were very wary of what we would find. It was a relief to find that the reviews to date were wrong. The rooms themselves were fine and the beds clean and very comfortable. The air conditioning worked in the majority of our rooms and fans had been installed where not. The bathrooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels also provided daily. The shower worked well. The food, although mostly the same each day, was tasty and well cooked. The only gripe is that vegetables were almost non existent, however fresh fruit was given at dinner. The swimming pool was clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. If there were any problems, they were sorted quickly. There were 62 in our party (including students) and we had a great time. Although not a luxury hotel, it was very comfortable and suitable for our purpose.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Europa Hotel? Share your experiences!