“great place to stay in venice” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Mestrina
Via Mestrina 41, 30172 Mestre, Italy   |
Ranked #52 of 64 Mestre B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“great place to stay in venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

extremely clean and comfortable conditions. andré was very welcoming and helpful. it is not in the actual island of venice but it is in mestrina, the more modern part. the b&b is located right in front of the bus stop to get directly into venice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
, Proprietario at Bed & Breakfast Mestrina, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thanks for being our guests!

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed at B&B Mestrina for 2 nights. Comfortable, clean beds and toilets with fancily decorated wallpaper - serves a pleasant night's rest.

However, located far away from Old venice, would have to take a bus to and fro. Breakfast is simple; crackers and jam/butter - no toast/eggs etc. Host was not hospitable, and unwilling to help with directions, sights to see and things to eat. Did not feel at home, even felt as though we were imposing.

Will definitely not return again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
, Proprietario at Bed & Breakfast Mestrina, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
I think that it's very strange that they defined me not very hospitable because I give all the help when guests arrive, I give an information paper that answers to all the FAQ, I give my mobile number for any problem...We serve continental breakfast and our guests can se the kitchen.
We are in the center of the modern part of Venice, 10 min. by bus and the bus stop is in 50 mt. in very strategical part...
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We went in may to venice and this B&b was great!
First the place we stayed wasn't at the adress, 1 street away and next to the bus stop to Venice.
Big room with a double confortable bed, private bathroom in the corridor, shared kitchen were you can have the breakfast (a lot from little boxes, but no time shedule to have your breakfast). We stayed there 3 night and barely saw the other persons (3rooms in total), no noise and clean! no television in the room but it isn't necessary.
Ah Andrea you see him just at the beginning, so he explains you everything and give you the keys, you pay and we never saw him afterwards, so if you need more information, think about it and ask him everything!
The bus stop to venice is downstair, 2 min away, a bus every 10 min and single ticket 1.2€, so great to get to venice and to be there without paying the full price.
Nice little restaurants around the main place in Mestre and grosery 2 streets away in the mall.
So we had a really good stay and would recommend this place for sure!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

it was perfect: very clean , very close to Venice (15 -max. 20 minutes by bus - bus stop just across the street) and close to the center of Mestre (mall, market, supermarket, etc). and Andrea - the owner - was very nice.

• Stayed April 2009
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

A disclaimer - I have not actually stayed in the hotel. This review pertains to my booking experience.

I confirmed my stay online through Venere.com. The confirmation only required a credit card to reserve the room, but it was not to be charged. In fact, the confirmation stated explicitly that payment is NOT due until after the of our stay. Well, a day later, I receive an email from the mgr. of the hotel, himself, and he states that he needs a 30% deposit through paypal! I forwarded the confirmation to him, stating that this was not the website policy and it was not required for booking. Suspiciously, I get an email from the Venere website, stating that my reservation had been canceled due to incorrect credit card information. That was [--] - I know I entered it in correctly. However, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and entered it again - less than 3 minutes later, I receive the exact same email! I sent multiple emails to the booking website, inquiring as to what was going on and requesting a contact number. Noone responded. At that point, I knew that the mgr. of the Bed and Breakfast was in cohootz w/ someone from the website. I contacted the mgr. again to let him know that I knew what was going on, to which he replied, he requires an advance for all the bookings.

If this is the hotel's policy then, fine, but this should be stated in the booking procedures and they should not resort to illegal and unethical means to get their deposit, which is exactly what happened.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
, Proprietario at Bed & Breakfast Mestrina, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
I had some problem with Venere, so I asked to the guest to send a little advance...Now there are no problem and I don't ask any advance to people who booked with websites as Venere... incredibly fierce reaction of that guest....what a pity....
amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

the location of the Bed and breakfast was excellent and to get to venice was extremely easy and cheap.

however to state on the website that the breakfast is generous is ridiculous. There were a few pre packaged croissants and some coffee you could make yourself. we found this very disappointing. and for 70 euro's a night had expected more service. there were also no towels and there had been no say that we had to share the kitchen.

all in all for location an excellent choice. price-quality wise very dissapointing and misleading from what is stated on the website.

Stayed March 2008
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

We stayed three nights and found it to be a good alternative to staying in expensive Venice. We have also stayed in Venice itself before, and if we were to return again, would choose Mestre as it is better value for money. It was very easy to get to Venice on the bus which was cheap (1 euro) and left from a stop just down the road. Our room was spacious and quiet but reasonably clean. We had the bathroom next door to our room, but we discovered that the guests in the twin room had a bathroom that you got to through the lounge and kitchen. The breakfast was disappointing - mainly prepackaged food (muffins, cakes, biscotti etc). The apartment has two guest rooms and a very spacious communal lounge.

• Liked — The price!
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple

Been to Bed & Breakfast Mestrina? Share your experiences!