“Great stay in (near) Venice” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Sale - From €133
Ranked #3 of 64 hotels in Mestre
GreenLeadersSilver level
B.C
“Great stay in (near) Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay here for one night prior to and two nights following our cruise. It eneded up to be one of the highlights of our vacation! The hotel is not too far from the airport (take the bus is as it stops directly in front of the hotel) and take the bus in to Venice (about ten minutes). Great location, fantastic value! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The manager(ess) was customer service exemplified! As an employer, I wish I had her as my manager! The hotel is new, spotless, and had a very decent breakfast included. Had a nicely equipped, clean workout room as well. Take the shuttle back to the airport when you leave. No need to pay the exhorbitant prices in Venice when you can stay here more comfortably. Great experience and highly recommended - from a seasoned traveller.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
thank you very much for taking the time to report about your experience at our Hotel. I'm truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us; your positive comments certainly contribute to our staff's motivation.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Venezia Mestre
Best Wishes for a prosperous 2013!
Cristina-Maria Pernechele

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is clean, modern and comfortable. The internet is free and relatively fast, which is important to me. The bus stop is directly outside the hotel, and takes you into Venice. The Parking Garage is directly under the hotel property, so its very convenient and I heard it may be free. There is a truly FANTASTIC restaurant nearby the hotel, if you walk out just take a left and follow the road about 100 steps. On your left is a small, old-fashioned restaurant. It is freaking fantastic and authentic. It is fairly priced, I am so happy we were told to go there by the front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rimini, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I chose this hotel due the fact that is just in front of the airport, very easy to reach, and with a free parking. The receptionists are so friendly and give you all the information you need. The room is amazing and I was happy to discover that they have also room for disable people. The breakfast is great and with many many choises (just a bit expensive if not included in your room fare). Also it is more convenient to take a bus to Venice (2 euro) than their own shuttle (14 euro).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were returning from a cruise so wanted a hotel close to the airport. We have stayed at this Garden Inn before and found it a good choice. Our experience this time again showed that the reception has a variety of individuals from those who are very helpful to those who are not. We are gold members and fill out many reviews of our hotel visits. One of the things asked on these forms is whether you are greeted by name and as a valued guest. This did not happen this time. After a lengthy check in we asked about transportation to Old Venice and to the airport. The information page we were given did not seem to be up-to-date as the person at reception kept saying that the price had just gone up! It almost seemed to us that the price went up for us!! Probably not but it was handled very strangely. A few months ago we had breakfast included. This time we paid the same amount but told breakfast was extra!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great hotel with good prices. The hotel has parking for free, so it's perfect for who is travelling by car in Italy and wants to go to Venice. There is a bus stop exactly in front of the hotel and you will be in Venice in 10 minutes. You can buy a pass for bus and vaporetto to ride all over Venice in the front desk also with a schedule.

The room was very clean and spacious. I would certainly stain again stay in this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
snat CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is a good alternative to some expensive hotels in Venice, but it is not a upscale hotel. It is typical Hilton Inn you see in US or any other places. You get what you paid for, so don't expect any upscale service or ammenities in this hotel.

the hotel is located at Mestre, ~15 min bus ride away from Pl. Roma in venice. From Pl Roma, it takes another 30min to get to San marco square.

The hotel is quite new and big. we stayed at the jr Suite, and it was spacious. the shower head was broken, but I did not ask them to fix it (too lazy). Sofa bed in tje living room area is pretty bad and filty.

This was our 2nd visit to Venice. we stayed at Hilton Stucky in our last visit, and that hotel was definately better, but expensive.

Serive was great, exceeding my expectation, except for one incident in my first night. I was waiting at the lobby for some bus infomation. There was a long line waiting to get checked-in or checked-out. the guy (I think named Achille) was turning back on me when it was my turn. he was doing something else (changing paper in the printer, going in and out of the office, and whatever) when there was a long line behind me. In my opinion, whene there is a long line, you should help the customer first before you do some laundry items. I felt that he did not want to help me or talked to me for no reason. I can totally see that from his face expression. Once another lady stepped in and helped me, he started helping other customer behind me. It looks like he was avoiding me or did not want to talk to me with no reasons. It gave me a really dirty feeling all day. I had a similar incident in Florence.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Front desk is a little slow dealing with small queues of people but the staff are very helpful and very welcoming.

The rooms are excellent, comfy beds, beautiful spotless bathroom/toilet which are cleaned daily with the beds re-made and towels and toiletries replenished.

Yes this is not in the heart of Venice, but you should know this before you book. The Bus is right outside AND when you purchase the Vaporetti pass (we had a 3-day) this also includes all bus journeys, so the cost is minor.

We absolutely LOVED THE BREAKFAST!! They have a WAFFLE MACHINE!! AMAZING!! The service from breakfast staff was pleasant.

Should we return to Venice, we will be staying in the heart of Venice BUT if you do not want to stay in the hustle and bustle or are looking for a cheap top rated hotel, look no further than here.

It is excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano? Share your experiences!