“Very modern” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Solo City
“Very modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Booked King Corner Evolution Suite, a very nice air-conditioned bedroom with big LCD TV, has a separate living room with sofa and LCD TV too.
Check in was nice and fast, staff were friendly as they should be. Parking lots are for free, very fast WiFi.
We had a good sleep at night, ordered Pizza thru room service, which was good, too!
and the check out was smooth and fast.

The Hotel itself has no view of the venetian canals at all, since it's located +/- 5 km from the islands. So don't wish for a room with a "venetian" view! Your "view" would be either motorways in front of the hotel or empty lot beside the hotel.
However it's easy to go to the Venice City center. Just take a bus from the bus stop which exactly in front of the hotel, it took only around 10 minutes. But the bus ticket wasn't cheap. Mine was 18 Euro for 12 hours ride (water bus included)

My little complains are:
- no wellness area, only fitness area available
- one elevator was always non operational
- no Hilton Honors points since i booked it from Agoda

However I enjoyed the stay. 99% will stay there when I visit Venice again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

I have the upmost respect for every member working at the front of the house! Too many to name, but during my 2 weeks staying in this hotel I was was always given a big smile and after several days until I left a nice wave for every time I entered or left. Their assistance was valuable in assisting me with locating a variety of stores or simply reminding me once again which buses I needed to take, and laughed as I wrote it on my hand! The staff gave numerous tips on finding good restaurants and would take the time to find out an answer for whatever question I threw at them! This made it a very fun and a terrific place to stay! The bed was amazingly comfortable and I loved the view overlooking the pool. The bus access was easy & convenient & tickets are used on the honor system. The restaurant is a joke & not owned by Hilton and is in need of a total management & food overhaul. "Do Not waste your money here!" Walk to the Pizzeria next door for an amazing & cheap meal! Again thank you to Jonathan and the rest...from this satisfied Canadian visitor!

Stayed March 2012
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

OK, we got a good offer - EUR 66 a night (thankyou, Hilton Flash Sale!) when usually even a very cheap rate here would be EUR 75, and a more usual rate over 100. However I can honestly say I'd have felt I'd got value for money even paying twice as much as we did. It was our first visit to Venice and I wondered if we'd wish we'd stayed in the centre of Venice itself. Nope! a lot easier, and overall less stressful, staying here (I'm still at the hotel as I write this review! we don't check out until tomorrow). I'd happily stay here again for twice the rate.

ARRIVAL: the hotel is about a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport, max. We paid EUR 30. If we'd been organised in advance, we could've booked the hotel's shuttle service. We've booked it for tomorrow and it's EUR 12 per room i.e. EUR 6 each ! which is incredible value. Only 1 Euro more than the bus fare! Speaking of buses - the number 5 bus (the 'aerobus') stops right outside the hotel, though you'd need to ask the driver to show you where to get off. Tickets available right in the airport.

GETTING AROUND: again, the bus. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel - the 5 and 19 take you right into Venice, to the main bus station from where you can walk or get a Vaporetto all around the city. There are travel cards available for 12, 24, 48, 72 hours, all from Reception. We bought the 72 hour passes for EUR 33 each. The bus is very cheap - EUR 1.30 each way into Venice - but the Vaparettos are quite expensive at EUR 6.50 per trip so it's definitely worth getting the pass. Today is our 4th day and having had a return bus journey and either one, two or three Vaparetto trips each day, we've definitely had our money's worth out of the travel card. Just don't forget to validate it by swiping it in front of the machine in the bus, each time you travel (for the Vaparettos they're before the 'station' rather than on the boat). In general, too, I should say that public transport in Venice is excellent. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus in either direction, and never more than about 10 minutes for a Vaporetto but mostly a lot less. (N.B. there's an underground car park under the hotel which I think is included in the rate so if you're touring this is a good choice too as I imagine all car parks around Venice are an expensive nightmare.)

HOTEL ITSELF: an oasis of calm and tranquility. Only built within the last couple of years I think, and it shows - clean, modern design everywhere and very few signs of wear and tear as yet. If this is typical of the Garden Inn brand I'll try and use them everywhere I go. None of that penny pinching you get in major chains usually. Free sparkling and still water in our room on arrival, and each day after the room was serviced. A decent sized fridge left empty for our own things - and a little 'kiosk' behind reception to buy reasonably priced snacks and drinks to put in it. The hotel gym is the best I've ever used in any hotel: small (2 treadmills, 2 recumbent bikes, 1 stepper, plus various weights, benches etc) but very good. Nicely equipped, towels and even headphones available plus water, and very important, a nice bathroom right there. The swimming pool looks great but sadly isn't open until after Easter which is a shame, as the weather's been great this weekend. Ah well! does look very inviting, however. By the way, the reception staff have been universally helpful too. I can't really understand the negative reviews although obviously anyone can have a bad day. But I think we've spoken to about 4 or 5 different staff for different things and they've been universally helpful (and multilingual!)

LOCATION: OK, the location's not great in many ways. It's very close to Venice - the bus journey is literally 10 minutes. However the hotel is basically located in the middle of a load of main road junctions so effectively it's in the middle of nowhere. It's a good job the bus stop is right ouside as you can't walk anywhere from here, realistically. A shame, as I'd have liked to go out running as I usually do on holiday. You could just about risk the short stretch by the main road, navigate the big roundabout nearby and run into Mestre, but you couldn't run into Venice because there is one main road junction after another, with no pavement and complicated junctions. A shame, as I'd have loved to run/ walk across that long long road bridge into Venice. But it's a nice road to travel even on the bus! However in other ways the location is great just because it is SO close to Venice and so easy and cheap to get there. And having seen so many people lugging suitcases across pavestones and across tiny bridges to get to their hotels, the idea of being somewhere so much easier - and closer to the airport - appeals. A final note though - the area is very slightly dodgy at night. On the bus trip back from Venice each evening you'll see a couple of 'ladies of the night' plying their trade in the fuel station that's one stop before the hotel bus stop (but not closer to the hotel, note). They were relatively subtle (I don't think you'd have to explain to your kids what was going on for example, I don't think they'd notice them!) but still, not ideal. Again though, this isn't very close to the hotel, just another reason not to try and walk.

ROOM: The rooms are good. Spacious for Europe although not by US standards. Plenty big enough for us, though - none of this being able to touch both walls when you're in bed! TV with the usual selection of European channels plus CNN and BBC Worldwide i.e. not great but sufficient if you like Rai Uno! Kettle in the room with decent selection of tea and coffee, replenished daily. No milk though (tubs of liquid creamer instead) - we stocked up on food and milk at the large Coop supermarket that's behind the Vaporetto stops at Piazza Roma (the bus station) - it's open even on Sundays. Hotel Housekeeping was good, too. Finally, free wireless internet is a nice touch, particularly at this price.

We didn't eat any meals in the hotel restaurant and I notice there are some bad reviews of the food. I would say that the breakfast is very cheap for a hotel breakfast - it adds EUR15 to the room rate for 2 people or costs EUR11 per person if you buy when you arrive. This is less than half the price of many hotel buffet breakfasts. So maybe you're getting what you pay for. I would say though that the service a couple of times we've had coffee in the lounge has been good. It's the first hotel I've wanted to do that too - tehre's something about the decor and arrangement of the downstairs lounge - with nicely positioned wall sockets to plug in your laptop - that invites you to sit down there for a change, instead of your room.

My final tip for Venice - go in early and beat the crowds. This morning we took a bus at 7.20 - not even that early, just usual 'leaving for work' time for us - and were in St. Mark's Square more or less on our own for some great photos, by just after 8am. At 8.30 the Doge's Palace opened and again we had the place almost to ourselves for 1.5 hours. Bliss.

Overall, then, if you're considering a trip to Venice then definitely come! it's a beautiful city to visit. And if you're coming, then do consider this hotel. On an average rate, it's great value and on a cheap rate it's astonishing value in what is usually an expensive city.

Room Tip: All rooms very similar but ours was on the 6th floor, which is the highest and probably a little qui...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Booked the hotel Through HHonors call centre in UK after about 45 minutes of their system issues and it was booked with B&B, However when reached for Breakfast next morning was told Breakfast not included, so bad morning experience, Contacted reception 3 times and all the time , new person so repeat the issue again without any help from them, Gave out to them in evening and finally was told you don’t have to pay for breakfast which was not worth paying anyways....since no hot food at all and no veggie. Items. Asked the waiter for something out of B ’fast Menu which was there on table and he said nothing available apart from what’s on Display.
I was told on email that they will offer me a free upgrade in lieu of the issues I had with booking and since we had a toddler they will issue a bigger room so brought the print of email but reception staff was so shocked and refused as If He was going to pay for upgrade If he followed the email.
Overall worst experience I ever had with a Hilton Hotel .

Location
It's located after main bridge to Venice. Bus stop in front of the hotel but otherside of road had to be reached via a overhead bridge, Lifts not working so not possible for a wheelchair or Children buggies, however bus number 5 or 19 which will terminate in the Venice main bus station in about 15 minutes. From there you can take waterbus number 2 or 1 to go to San Marco. Number 2 will be your quickest option, but beware of the direction, because number 2 will not terminate in the main bus station it will continue and make round route to San Marco as well (This journey quite long and boring). Take number 2 which will pass Rialto. You will be better of by buying Travel Card, because one way waterbus will cost EUR 6.50. 48 hours travel card will cost EUR 28.

Room Tip: Higher the floor less noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here for a couple nights in October. I like staying in Mestre when I visit Venice so that dealing with suitcases and boats isnt an issue. It is a quick bus ride to the city (bus stop is directly in front of the hotel) and the rooms are big and clean. Service was a little slow, as they only had one person working the front desk even when there was a long line of people checking in. Also, every morning at breakfast it seemed as though the staff was overwhelmed, and there would be no water, no cups, etc...
Very comfortable beds, so easy to get into town without the annoyance of staying on the canals. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is quite new hotel located on the tip of the mainland Italy before crossing the bridge to the Venice.

Room
Limited room choice, so you basically have 3 option for king bed, twin bed, and suite room. I was staying in the suite room, because I was travelling with 2 of my friends. The room has limited space. It was modern and very clean indeed. The mini bar was left empty, which is good and you can still buy some snacks or drinks in the ground floor next to the receptionist. The price of the drink and food was quite expensive. 4 EUR for can of beer and 8 EUR for small bottle of wine.

Location
It's located near the main bridge to Venice. Very convenience bus stop (in front of the hotel). You can take bus number 5 or 19 which will terminate in the Venice main bus station in about 10 minutes. From there you can take waterbus number 2 or 1 to go to San Marco. Number 2 will be your quickest option, but beware of the direction, because number 2 will not terminate in the main bus station it will continue and make round route to San Marco as well (This journey quite long and boring). Take number 2 which will pass Rialto. You will be better of by buying Travel Card, because one way waterbus will cost EUR 6.50. 48 hours travel card will cost EUR 28.

Breakfast
It was good breakfast. Very friendly staff and taste pretty good. You can make your own waffle if you fancy it.

Overall
The location might not be the best, but in overall value, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were in Venice for 3 days and used Hilton points to stay at this hotel. We took a taxi there from the train station which cost €40, but you can catch the #9 or 15 bus to Orlanda to get there. Check-in was smooth, but I had some questions since it was my first time in Venice. I got a bad vibe from Francesco when I started talking to him as he seemed as if he didn't have time to help me. I needed help making a reservation to a restaurant and tried to avoid asking him, but the other woman's English was beginner like my Italian, so he had to help. He proved to be a good person by continuously calling them and when we arrived, we had a reservation.
The room was nice and spacious with a view of the pool. We did have some small black ants under the coffee tray, but we didn't make an issue of it as we were ready to see Venice. This is the first Hilton I've been to that doesn't have the Hilton menu on the TV or any English channels. They are located about a 10min bus ride(#5 or 19) from the islands of Venice.
Thanks Francesco!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano? Share your experiences!