“Terrible cleanliness, bedbugs in at least two rooms” 1 of 5 stars

You added Albatros Hotel to your Saves list
Albatros Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Don Luigi Sturzo, 32, 30171 Mestre, Italy   |
Ranked #62 of 66 Hotels in Mestre
“Terrible cleanliness, bedbugs in at least two rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The general aspect pf the rooms old and dirty, we find a sock in the closet and bedbugs. The only answer that we received was that regarding the bedbugs it happen even in the best hotels (that's not true, I have a sister working in hotels services, and they had protocols for avoidance of bedbugs and other plagues, that they have to follow just after a room checkout), and about the dirtiness of the room, including the sock in the closet was fault of the cleaning people. We required from the hotel some mesure to assure that it wasn't bedbugs in our logagge and we received a negative answer from them, we neither received any kind of compensation. The worst service and cleanliness that I remember from any hotel. Believe me, there is no way that this hotel could be 4 stars, there are a lot of 3 stars hotel in much better conditions.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

This is definitely NOT a 4 star hotel - 2 at best. Decor is 50 years out of date, the place has a musty smell, furniture and carpets are stained, the shower floods the whole bathroom. Breakfast is VERY basic. Wi-Fi is charged, not free. Nothing within walking distance. No views. All in all for what it is, it's totally over-priced and falsely advertised. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Patras, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I don't know who gave this hotel a 4-star rating, but I would rate it as a 2*. The room had no decoration at all and the beds would shink in the middle, causing backache. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I and my wife stayed in the hotel for a day and night. I found it very quiet and family type hotel. The hotel was booked prior to my visit to Venice from the home country. And, the per night tariff was reasonable. The breakfast was excellent.
The ACTV bus 2 can be used for traveling to Mestre or Venice.
I will recommend this hotel to any family visiting Venice for a quiet stay.

Room Tip: Book Early from Home country
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,921 helpful votes 1,921 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We spent 2 nights at Albatros. It is supposed to be a 4* hotel but it should have been a 3* actually.
We were with a group of 50 people and we came here because it was booked through a travel agency.

Very basic and the reception staff not very helpful. I noticed that some of us got a suite while others not. It was a standard room they said. Ours was really big , comfortable and clean.
It is not very long away from Venice but with the daily traffic it took us more than half an hour to get to Venice. The coach moved rather slowly.
Continental breakfast and dinner very poor. You have to pay for internet access here which is something that I always demand in the hotels I book for myself if I travel alone.

I don’t think I would pick this hotel again when back to Venice!

• Stayed November 2010
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Before we left for our Shearings tour of Italy, I looked up the Hotel Albatros on Trip Advisor and was very apprehensive when I read the reviews, so was expecting the worst! We had a nice, clean large room, the hotel was situated in a pleasant area, the food was fine and the staff friendly.

My advice = Judge it for yourself...... Afterall, you can't please everyone all of the time!

• Stayed August 2010
Ames, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We recently stayed for 2 long nights while on a bus tour. It was the worst hotel on our tour. There were hairs on the bed and in the shower. We asked to move to a different room. Woke up in the morning with bug bites. Worse than a Motel 6! The pictures online are not anything like what our room looked like.
Pro's: large towels, dinner was okay, lobby and dining room looks nice
Con's: location, cleanliness, front desk staff, thin walls, poor breakfast

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Albatros Hotel? Share your experiences!