“Good option with good connections to Venice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre

You added Quality Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corso del Popolo, 211, 30172 Mestre, Italy (Formerly Delfino Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 20% OFF
Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Mestre
London, United Kingdom
“Good option with good connections to Venice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is on the main land in Mestre but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel with regular buses to Venice. It takes about 15 minutes. It's next to super market and a few snack bars so its fair to sale the location is convenient.

The rooms are clean and modern, the shower is great, but water splashes on the floor.
Breakfast spread is nice, with scrambled eggs and bacon available.

No bar in the building but you can use the next building which is the sister hotel called the Ambasitori.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It was booked by our travel agent and so we did not do our customary pre-booking reviews on the net.

This is advertised as a four star. The hotel business card also has “Hotel Ambasciatori”.

We arrived at about 9am on Saturday in October. There were loads of tourist leaving. We registered with the front desk. Much to our surprise we found the receptionist – a young lady with glasses - was very off-hand and made us feel personally quite unwelcome. The other young lady at the reception desk too did not appear to be very accommodating. Every question we asked was answered but with an attitude that showed that our questions were not welcome. Any request we made was treated as somewhat of an unwelcome intrusion. In the forty days we spent touring Greece, Turkey and staying in a number of hotels, and also having stayed at another Venice hotel, our judgment is that the reception at this hotel’s reception was the most unfriendly of these hotels.

There were no porters and any help we got was minimal after coaxing information out of the reception staff. We did ask for extra pillows and tissues – we only got the former. We were refused two room keys even though it was a programmed plastic card.

The air-conditioner did not work. On asking we were told that the unit was turned off and that the heating but not the cooling could be turned on, on request. As it was warm we had to keep the window open, to do this we had to keep the metal shutter up and as there are no curtains the light kept us awake. Fortunately it was a weekend and the room was on a higher floor and so noise from the street was not too intrusive.

The toilet was clean and modern. Shampoo and soap was provided. There were no tea or coffee making facilities. The TV was small but CNN etc was available. The rooms were “largish” and clean. The phone did not work and the room-safe had a failing battery. There was bar fridge with only two small bottles of water (at E1.50 each).

I found the breakfast was satisfactory (scrambled egg possibly from egg powder, ham, coffee, jam bread, “thinish” yoghurt from a machine, coffee and tea etc). My wife, however, was not all that impressed.

The environs of the hotel were pretty ‘boring” with few noteworthy cafes or restaurants (and is located on “mainland Venice”). However, the hotel gives clear printed directions on traveling to the island of Venice island. It was easy to do so, with the bus stop being just outside the hotel, and cost only E5.20 return for the two of us, and took only about 15 mins one way.

Taking everything into account, it is difficult to believe that the hotel is a four star. A lower classification is probably warranted.

We stayed there one night. I started getting “accustomed” to the hotel, but during this period my wife did not feel at ease. I believe that it could be a place you could use as a base to trips to Venice and other locations, but for me it is not a hotel where you “luxuriate in”.

We have now belatedly read several Trip Adviser reviews on this hotel and find that we can empathize with several of them. We have reminded ourselves sternly to review a hotel before booking the accommodation.

In summary, don’t expect too much. Read the Trip Advisor reviews and then if you get this accommodation at an economical rate, consider.

Robnel.
27 October 2013.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

On arrival there appeared to be a mix up with our booking, and there was no record of a booking on the hotel system ,although we had a print off with us from our travel agent confirming our reservation. The girl on reception had an awful attitude and threw the confirmation sheet back at us exclaiming " we had no booking with them" we stood our ground . She then huffed and puffed told us to sort it out ourselves, when my husband explained that wouldn't be possible as we had no laptop etc with us .she then asked us really rudely what did we expect her to do about it! My husband suggested she get intouch with the travel company we booked with and sort it out . after alot of sighing she told us to go off and come back later and she would see what she could find out ....... to cut a long story short 3 hours later we were met with a happier looking receptionist who informed us we did indeed have a booking , but it was 2014, that sorted we were given a room promptly ......... The breakfasts are adaquate , nothing to rave about I would say that about the hotel in general .The plus side is it's a great location for the buses going inand back from Venice stopping outside the hotel . the airport bus also dropped us off at the hotel however it dosn't stop there on the return you needto make your way to the station but it only a 10 min walk . Great supermarket next door to hotel so stock up , fridge in room which was handy Venice was fabulous even if we got off to a rough start

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Do not expect any help from the staff. I don't whether it's ignorace or just plain rudeness. When you check-in, they just give a card key and that's it. You get the feeling that they don't want any question from you, no eye contact. The only thing doing for the room is clealiness. If you like your cup of tea or coffee in the morning bring a kettle, as there are not complimentary drinks in the room. As for the restaurant in the sister hotel, wow, in Italy such bad food! I stop at the starter, which cost 10euro for 3 supposedly vegetable parcel. I couldn't even cut it with my knife, it took all my strength to cut to find an empty piece of fried puff pastry!!Breakfast is quite good in the morning, try the yogurt which was very good. if you are vegetarian or eat only halal food you be hard push to find something to eat. I would recommend the Kabab shop opposite the hotel for wonderful falafel and my hubby enjoyed his halal kabab. Going to Venice couldn't be simpler, buy your ticket at the reception(i'd recommend the whole day one) catch your bus opposite the hotel 4L, and it takes you to the heart of Venice. We also went to Verano which I highly recommend, catch the train, which is about 15mins walk from the hotel for 7 euro per person, and the train journey is about 2 hours, but well worth it, So if you want a hotel to put your head down, but no luxury, it'll do.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel should be penalized for their business practice of over-booking their hotels with the intent to sending them to a much cheaper quality hotel and asking the customers to pay for a decent hotel. We are usually very good customers and deal just fine here in Europe. We have lived here for 3 years and have adjusted to the EU style of service/small room, but this place is so far past that. My wife and mom booked this hotel for an overnight before their cruise, when they were checking in the lady told them they would actually not be staying in this hotel because they had so many customers and they would be moving to another hotel. (we truly believe this is due to her ethnicity [Japanese] this is the third time this has happened to my wife when she goes with friends/family and without me) They were guaranteed the other hotel was the same quality, which it was not AT ALL. The hotel they were sent to was dingy and falling apart, from the lobby to the rooms, to the bathroom, the place was dirty. Also, the location was much further away from Venice. The additional travel cost over one night exceeded 50 euro compared to the original hotel location. Oh, and the walk to this "partner hotel" will be on the shoulder of the HIGHWAY. Don't even bother asking the staff for a transfer. My wife also paid hotel fees for a place that included free wi-fi, when she arrived at the new place, wi-fi was 10 euro/day and the original hotel said they have no responsibility to reimburse my wife.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Skelmorlie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Not a good experience !!!! staff are unpleasant bordering on the ignorant . I had a problem with the safe in my room and the alternatives offered were not amenable to my short trip. After taking all my valuables out with me in my backpack I only left my iPad, which I hid in clothing and put in a case secured by both padlock on zips and also a lockable luggage strap round case. On arriving back later after I found my case had been broken into in my locked room and the iPad gone. I went to reception and told them what had happened and after getting a room access-log printed off which proved the only entry had been a member of staff, Tudor, the receptionist Anna , suddenly was unable to communicate anything other than 'this proves nothing' . As the room had just been made up prior to our getting access and going out, 40 minutes later there was no valid explanation as to why anyone had gone into he room. The receptionist also refused to contact police and no manager was available. Another receptionist gave me vague directions to the nearest police office, "it's near the station". Personally I think there is a bit of a scam going on this hotel. I cannot disagree that it clean and rooms are reasonable size. The breakfast is not worth paying extra for as it is rubbish and there is a great supermarket and coffee shop nearby. Buses stop right outside for Venice so it great that way. This hotel wad booked for us as part of a pre cruise package by cruise365.com, and I would advise anyone getting the same deal to think about it carefully, it certainly would not be my choice.

Room Tip: Another hotel ?!?!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through a groupon deal as part of a Christmas present for my boyfriend. Was very pleasantly surprised on arriving that we had been upgraded to a suite. Exceptionally clean, modern and roomy.

Staff were very friendly and helped us arrange our trips to Venice. Very easy to get to and from Venice as the bus stop was directly outside. Tickets brought directly from reception all of whom spoke great English. Breakfast was a continental buffet, not as much choice as I would have liked but very tasty nonetheless. Snacks and groceries can be brought from the supermarket next door.

Brilliant place to stay, especially if you are watching your budget! Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre? Share your experiences!