“That Girl at check in gets around” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Mestre
Manhattan Beach, California
“That Girl at check in gets around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Rude Girl at check in. The website is unclear that if your flight is in the morning, the shuttle can't take you with out notifing them the day before (10 hours wasn't enough time) The response "you can take the bus" was dumb when traveling with oversize luggage. 25euro cab ride. Also, arriving at Mestre Train station at 10 Pm with no tram available in a questionable area? Since the hotel is no where near the Train station, another 25 euros. The rooms are cute and small, and the breakfast just ok, but the extra price of taxis made it unreasonable and the check in girl, worst ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Extremely helpful staff despite it being a larger busier hotel.
Good amount of parking available outside the hotel and very easy to find if your driving there. Not too far away from the Bridge to venice and easy access to motorway.
Lift is a bit old a ricketty so if you can get a room on the first floor and use the stairs.
Hotel restaurant was brilliant, good service and good food, though not really a great deal of menu choices.
Breakfast offered a good variety. Free wifi also available.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

my 14 year old son and i stayed in this hotel as part of an 11 day costa cruise around the eastern med. we had two nights in venice at the end of our cruise. i travel in my wheelchair and so we booked a room especially big enough to accomodate us. on arrival two lovely chaps helped us settle in and arranged the van for 10 euros into venice as we were meeting friends at a la Madonna resto that evening and they showed us how to get there, they were extremely helpful and they are to be commended on their wonderful service skills. we had a wonderful evening and rather than pay 40 euros on a taxi we got the night bus back and we were fine...it is easier than we thought. the following day we had booked the shuttle again to go to venice and for some reason it went without us even though i was waiting outside with my wheelchair. i went inside expecting the same great service wed had the evening before and was told by a young woman who looked down her nose at me, that we were not booked on the shuttle...i know that we were...and so i tried to book the next one. she said we could but we would have to pay 10 euro in cash which we didnt have on us. i offered to pay by debit or credit card but she refused. i asked if it could be put onto our bill but she delighted in telling me no...we had to get the cash from somewhere. we spent two hours in the hot sun with my son pushing the wheelchair until we found a bank that would give us cash. i can tell you i was furious that this woman had ruined the only full day we had in venice...my son was already exhausted by the time we returned to the hotel with the cash. i didnt want to return to the hotel this woman had been so horrible to me, i felt she had spoiled what had so far been a delightful trip. those of you who are disabled will understand when i say that you get the odd person who detest disabled people...this young woman appeared to be one of them...except for when i was waiting to book the shuttle for the second time that day i witnessed her being just as dismissive to another female guest..she didnt seem to like any one at all. i really wish hotels like this had consistency with their staff and i would be able to give such a pleasant review...i can forgive the young girl behind the bar that didnt know what water, or even aqua was, we do have a sense of humour when travelling, but to make a disabled traveller's life even more difficult is quite despicable. other than that the stay was perfectly acceptable. the lady who drove us, gratis, to the airport was very apologetic. id say an audit of the staff is needed to make this hotel the best it can be.

Room Tip: you can book a double room plenty large enough for a wheelchair user.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SMARTHOTELHOLIDAY, Direttore at Smart Hotel Holiday, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Madame,

I'm really sorry to read your complaintr eference to our Hotel.
Before to explain what happened in any case we would excuse if your stay was not so pleasent and it not satisfy your opinion.
It's right that this is our words opposite to yours, but we work every day with transfer and disable guests and we always do the same procedure;
2 ladies that staied at front desk in the morning confirmed that you arrived to request shuttle at 9.10am while the trip started at 9.00 am, and in this trip was not confirmed your name.
For this reason, because the man during the night of day before, that he is new, didn't book transfer for you, ladies try to offer you a solution to use next trip also because they saw your situation and would be helpfull and didn't create problem to you and your son.
They for this trouble excuse offering trip for free.
About payment: usually we ask payment the same time that you book transfer, because it is private service of other association, but if you informed girls that you can't pay at that moment, we certainly, as we dis the night before, we asked payment in other moment;
For allI these reasons, I'm thinking that there was a missunderstanding;
About the accusation made to young girl, I think it is a bit too much to say that she hates the disabled person, as we work every day and that is why we have rooms and areas suitable.
The girls in question also has the cousin with serious disabilities, and I think it was misinterpreted the situation. I know, from other Guests that saw the situation and explained me day of your departure, that this girl tried to understand the reason for your anger against her, apologizing if this situation was misinterpretes and trying to explained the reason of this missunderstanding.
In any case we accept all positive and negative criticals because we would improve and always satisfy our Guests.
We hope that you and also your family, come again to our Hotel, I'm sure that your stay meet yours demands.
Best Regards
Sligo, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights prior to cruse out of Venice in June. This Hotel is really a Motel built to service motorway users as the motorway runs by here.Getting here sounds hard but it is very easy using public transport. Get Airport shuttle to Venice Bus Center cost 6euro each and takes approx. 30mins . No4L bus stops close by.and is easy to find, this takes you to Colombo, get off on platform here and wait on Tram,same platform.Tram will have Favaro as last stop, Get off at Rielta stop, walk to your left, first turn on right Smart Hotel at the end of the lane.Bus and tram cost 1.30Euro each same ticket for both..Taxies are very expensive in Venice,public transport is excellent the hotel itself is 3star comfortable bed, airconditioning, decent bathroom. Breakfast is typical cold cuts and jams and cereals.Staff were pleasent and helpful. They charge 5.60Euro local tax per night eventhough the Hotel was prepaid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SMARTHOTELHOLIDAY, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Smart Hotel Holiday, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you so much for your feedback.
We were pleased to give you a plesant stay.
Best regards,
SHH
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights, it seems long but I am on a business trip and had a lot of work in the area. At my arrival i got a rather small room but I asked for a bigger one as I am staying a long time and need space to work. The reception staff was very kind to me and helped me in any way. I speak italian so I guess that helped a lot too. Anyway I got a bigger room and was quite happy. The breakfast is rather “poor“ and I expected more from a 4* hotel. I also had dinner almost every evening as I had to stay in the hotel and work. I guess it's fine but nothing special. Very basic stuff, pasta, gnocchi, steaks. There is a fixed 3 course menu for 15 EUR every evening so you can try that. I just did it once as it's too much food for me in the evening. Again, nothing special. If you want to try local food definitely go out to eat. The location was very good (for me) as it's right next to the speedway and it's easy to get out of town fast. I had to use the tram one day to go to the centre of Mestre. The stop is 5 min of walking from the hotel. It takes you about 15/20 minutes to the central station. It seems quite good. I saw some reviews saying they got on the wrong tram? That is because people don't read or think what are they doing. Actually it's very easy, please don't take those people seriously. :) All in all, yes the carpet is old, it would be a good idea to change it, paint the walls... a soft renovation is well do but, the hotel is clean, my room smelled nice, I had no problems with the staff. So if you are looking for a hotel between the airport and Venice this would be a good choice.

Room Tip: the room 109 (corner) is fine for 1 person staying 1/2 nights. Try to ask for an upgrade if you don...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here despite reading some mixed reviews in Tripadvisor. Shuttle from Treviso drops off at Mestre Railway station and as we landed late at night we got a taxi to hotel.It may only be a few kilometres on the map but it was a 23€ ride of 15 mins.
Greeted by friendly William (can't remember Italian name). Very helpful! We were far too late for dinner but he promptly ordered a take away pizza for us 9€....yummy and we sat eating and drinking Prosecco till bed time.
10€ return trip on hotel shuttle gets you to Venice and back...good service. Dinner at the hotel was good as was the breakfast...no complaints.
Second day we took our cases and stored them near bus station in Venice (€7), otherwise it would have cost a return shuttle to hotel and 2 taxi trips to get the airport shuttle. ( about €55)
If we were to visit Venice again we would spend a bit more and stay in Venice rather than Mestre to avoid the trips to and from the hotel as it was very hot and we couldn't keep going back to Mestre.
All in all though, we couldn't fault the hotel or the very helpful staff

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pros: Nice and modern (compared with old hotels in Italy), clean, near a street so you just get out the taxi or bus and enter in the hotel (not in Venice Islands area). Good breakfast. Near bus stop. Shuttle bus to Venice. Good option if you don't want to walk Venice streets and canals with your bags to get to a hotel in the Islands.
Cons: My experience was that the staff at front desk was not so helpful, but other members of our group experiences were worst. They mentioned how rude the staff was. It seems like they really don’t like to work with groups. This hotel is far from the islands so you have to take a taxi (30 euros each way, 15 minutes) or a bus (1.75 euros but crowded and need to be sure the one you are taking).
Before staying there, make research maybe there is another hotel near Venice. But, if you dream of sleeping in a hotel in Venice, were you can see the canals and get out of the door and take a gondola, you need to stay in another hotel.
Hope the owners of this property read the reviews of Trip Advisor and take action. They may have a good hotel, but customer service can be improved.

Room Tip: Our room was in the 3rd floor and was ok. Air conditioning worked.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Smart Hotel Holiday? Share your experiences!