My husband and I were given a free weekend at the NH Laguna Palace in Mestre. We had mixed feelings after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, since it seemed as if the quality of the stay depended on which "Tower" your room was in. When my husband contacted the hotel, all indications were that our room would be in the "undesirable" tower. However, we decided to be adventurous and went anyway.
We were lucky - our room was in the preferred tower. The check-in staff were efficient, but not overly helpful when it came to questions about how to get a bus into Venice. The "free" wi-fi in the common areas didn't work.
The carpets in the corridor outside our room was in desperate need of a clean, and the empty showcases in the corridor and common area on our floor was a curiosity...
Our room was on the first floor and was quite spacious for the both of us. We prefer firm beds, and these met the requirements perfectly. We couldn't turn on the air-conditioning to cool the room (heating was too high when we came in) and opening the window didn't help, because there wasn't much air circulation. The bathroom was small, with a shower in the bath. There was a reasonable selection of toiletries provided. The rooms were not very sound-proofed and the electronic locks operating on near-by rooms were heard rather too well.
This was our first time in Italy, with the lack of English television channels, and watching "Armageddon" in Italian was extremely entertaining.
Breakfast was a definite highlight of the stay. We tend to wake early and so we got to breakfast soon after the service started. The selection is amazing: cereals, breads, eggs, cold meats, fruit, yoghurt, a selection of fresh juices, gluten-free items and even chocolate mousse!
The nearest bus stop to take a public bus into Venice was about 800 m away from the hotel. I'm posting directions to the nearest bus stop at the end of this review, because it was almost impossible for us to find where the nearest bus stop was.
There are about 3 restaurants (1 sushi, 1 italian, 1 pizza) very close to the hotel.
Check-out was smooth.
Directions to nearest bus stop (on Viale San Marco)
Leave the hotel lobby and turn right onto Viale Ancona heading towards Viale Forte Marghera - a major road.
Continue across Viale Forte Marghera and turn right onto Viale San Marco. Walk for about 400 m to the bus stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Laguna Palace hotel in Venice is characterized by its attractive contemporary design, great location in the city, and top-quality service and amenities. The hotel's conference center is a point of reference for business professionals. The hotel itself is made up of two main buildings, linked together by a flat and transparent glass roof. This splendid architecture makes the NH Laguna Palace hotel one of the largest covered structures in Europe. A marina sits between the two hotel buildings, offering water access to the canals that take you straight into the heart of Venice. Guests at the NH Laguna Palace hotel can comfortably reach Saint Mark's Square and water taxis may dock right at the hotel. NH Laguna Palace is a charming and enchanting destination, as well as the perfect to relax and have a drink in the summer. Elegance and sobriety are combined in this unique hotel, making it the ideal base for both business travelers and tourists. The NH Laguna Palace hotel benefits from a highly privileged location, a mere 15-minute drive from the Venice Marco Polo Airport and only 5 minutes from the Mestre railway station. If you want to spend a charming and relaxing stay near Venice, NH Laguna Palace is the perfect choice to reach this romantic city. The historical city center of Venice is just 15 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, NHHotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your NH Laguna Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Laguna Palace Hotel Mestre
- Nh Laguna Palace Venice
- Laguna Suites
- Nh Laguna Palace Hotel Venice
- NH Laguna Palace Province Of Venice/Mestre, Italy