“Bellissimo!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Massa Lubrense
East Sussex
“Bellissimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Have just got back from the Relais Blu where I stayed with my husband and son. From the moment we walked in to this fabulous hotel we knew it was something rather special. We got a lovely warm and relaxed welcome from Bruni and headed out to the fabulous terrace overlooking Capri and Vesuvious. The hotel itself is lovely, luxurious and spotless. The location is amazing and so is the surrounding area. But what really makes it stand out is the staff. The three sisters on Reception Gabriella, Bruni and Bianca really can't do enough for you and are friendly, warm and very professional - no request is too much. They bought my son a water gun to play in the pool with another little boy which was a lovely surprise for him - I have never come across anything like it.! The waiters and chef Christoph were great too. You don't get starchy formal courtesy here - everyone is friendly and relaxed while doing a superb professional job. There were a couple of weddings while we were there and unlike other hotels they are kept very separate from the rest of the hotel therefore ensuring other guests are undisturbed and the wedding party have a great service I am sure! You can go out to local restaurants which offer free lifts - well worth doing. There is so much to do in the surrounding area that we couldn't fit it all in and are planning to go back next year and stay again. Nowhere else would do!! So in conclusion I would say if you get the chance stay at this hotel - it isn't cheap but in this case you really do get what you pay for! Brava! Dee, Mark and Christopher

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Firstly, the post by sarahjayne_wright is exactly what I would have said had she not already said it! I echo her thoughts and praise for this place 100%.

We got married at Villa Fondi in June this year which was followed by a reception with 22 of our friends and family at Relais Blu and it was absolutely amazing! Relais arranged for us and our guests to be collected from Villa Fondi and brought to Relais, on arrival we were greeted by the hotel manager, Antonino; who is wonderful, and were taken out to our private terrace where our guests stood stunned by the views of Capri whilst drinking prosecco and eating 5 different appetizers (all superb!). After an hour chatting, drinking and taking in the spectacular views we sat at the beautifully decorated tables (we just bought with us favours for our guests and name cards, Relais provided the flowers and arranged tables are per our request) where we first had the speeches and were then server with the pasta starter (we opted for Ravioli Caprese, best ravioli I’ve ever had!), followed by the main course, we chose Fillet steak – again fantastic! Following the main a fresh fruit salad was served which was superb and then finally the wedding cake! We were so full but everyone ate everything as it was all too good to leave!! The timing of dinner was perfect – the whole wedding breakfast ran seamlessly. It didn’t take hours and hours to have the meal (sometimes I find the dinner part of a wedding goes on too long!) but it was never rushed, each course came out at the perfect time. During the meal we were served more prosecco, white wine, red wine and water – I don’t think anyone’s glass was ever empty!! And can I just say the wine and especially the prosecco was VERY good – I must admit I did wonder how good the quality of the wines would be given that it was included in the fixed price of the meal but I shouldn’t have worried as they were all fantastic!
After the meal we were collected by coach and taken to our hotel in Sorrento – we didn’t stay at the Relais Blu hotel as we had so many guests but a lot of our guests said they would definitely like to stay there on their own future holidays.

At time of booking in June 2010 we paid 110 euros per person – at the time I hoped we would get value for money, now I KNOW we got superb value for money! For that price to include exclusive use of a beautiful terrace overlooking Capri for 5 hours, coach transfers to and from Sorrento, bottomless glasses of wines, prosecco and soft drinks, 5 fantastic appetizers, a pasta course, a main course, fruit salad dessert and a whole wedding cake plus the most amazing service you will ever receive by the Relais staff in a stunning setting in a hotel/restaurant that is spotlessly clean...well need I say more? I can’t imagine that for £100 you would get anywhere near this much in the UK or for it to be so unforgettable, not just for us but all of our guests who loved Relais so much.

A big thank you to Relais once again if they are reading this – amazing hotel and restaurant and amazing staff – we will see you again soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We loved this place.
OK, certain parts of the grounds could do with a little updating and parking is a bit limited but all the important ingredients were there. During the day we would laze in a terrace overlooking Capri hardly seeing another soul. When we fancied a beer, we just picked up the nearby courtesy phone and it would arrive.
The room was cool, light and spacious with clean, modern facilities. The terrace where dinner is served is just stunning. You watch the sun sink into the sea and then the lights on Capri begin to twinkle.
Dinner is first class and the menu varied and if you fancy eating out, mnay restaurants would send a car.
We highly recommend Relais Blu.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We had a three night stay as well as our wedding reception here and I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was.
The hotel is about 20 minutes out of Sorrento but for us this was perfect as it meant the hotel was quiet and secluded. When we arrived we were given a nice complimentary drink and some nibbles while our cases were taken to our room.
The room was very nice with a reasonable sized balcony but the view what can I say... breathtaking is all I can think of. Service in the hotel was very good from the housekeeping, to the recepetion staff and the waiting staff.

We had our wedding reception here as well during our stay and it couldn't have been more perfect. The food was amazing, the service exceptional and the surroundings wonderful. My guests were blown away by the place and rightly so.
The whole wedding process was wonderful and easy my particular thanks go to Antonino at the Relais Blu and Alessandra from bookofdreams. Alessandra organised the ceremony and legal side of the wedding and Antonino organised the reception. Both were wonderful and I cannot recommend them enough. Process so smooth and simple that I dealt with both purely by email until we arrived in resort and then only a 20 minute with each was required to gain the wedding of mine and my husbands dreams.
The relais wedding package includes use of a private terrace, 5 generous canapes, pasta course, main course, fruit course, wedding cake, flowers for the tables and transport to/from the Relais Blu to Sorrento town centre as well as as much prosecco, red and white wine that you and your guests can handle. All of which was fantastic and very good value for money. There is no way you would get the service and qualtiy as well as the breathtaking location within the UK for any where near the price they do all this for.
This hotel is amzing and I would urge any to give it a try.

Room Tip: We had a mid priced room but upgrade if you can.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Spectaclur views overlooking Capri. Chic modern hotel family run with great food. Our suite was lovely. Good value 5 stars.. Can't wait to go back. Nick & Sarah

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

My opinion is very short. A relais in a fantastic location. Balcony overlooking one of the best view of the entire peninsula going from Capri island to Ischia and the capri style furniture were unrivaled. I found the staff friendly. There was also a cooking class three time a week. I really enjoyed these classes.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We stayed almost a week in Relais Blu in August and we loved (almost) every minute of it!

Relais Blu is a small hotel with a very personal service... honestly, you don't really feel you are in a hotel at all, it's as if you are in your own private holiday home...

We stayed in a suite as well as in a regular room due to availability. Both are very spacious and extremely comfortable. However, rooms that are on the floor below the restaurant can experience some noise problems. Swimming pool is good but needs some tlc. The restaurant is excellent!

The ultimate experience is having a cocktail on the terrace at sunset and watching disappear the island of Capri, magical....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Relais Blu Belvedere? Share your experiences!