“fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 132 restaurants in Marsala
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Scarsdale, New York
“fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

great service, spectacular food. Highly recommend this place, specially la granita di gelsi......

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Lovely location, impeccable service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Last night I had dinner with my husband and a couple of business contacts-acquaintances at Le Lumie Restaurant. The restaurant is in a renovated antique house, nestled in the hills of the Marsala countryside facing the lagoon and the Egadi islands. The view is spectacular, the green countryside ending with the deep blue waters of the mediterrenean.
We found the restaurant to be well furnished, well lit, a comfortable atmosphere. The waiter was very polite, professional and quick on his fit. He also had a smile on his face. It was nice to be served by a young and enthusiastic person.
I was very happy to find vegetarian and vegan options on the menu. I had a pumpkin and mint risotto and it was great, very delicate, properly seasoned and creamy. My husband and the gentleman of the other couple had steaks and the other lady had fried shrimp and squid. They were a bit disappointed in how unimaginative and lackluster the seasoning and plates were. They also had first courses, pasta, they thought the portions were small and underseasoning was an issue here. It's almost as though the chef were tiimid and afraid to season his dishes. I was very happy, I am not fond of salt or overspicing. I like delicately flavoured dishes. For dessert the other couple had almond parfait with chocolate sauce, my husband had orange tiramisu, and I had a chocolate "cupcake" type confection with a ball of vanilla icecream. My husband and I enjoyed our desserts, the other couple once again thought their parfaits were ho hum and that the chocolate sauce was store bought, they felt that the chef could have made a bigger effort and have made the sauce himself.
I was happy with this experience, it wasn't terribly expensive, we are not big eaters and we don't like oily, rich, salty or very spicy foods. For me, good manners, cleanliness, hygene and hospitality are paramount in a dininng experience. Nothing spoils an evening quicker for me than a surly waiter or unattractive surroundings. Outside there are terraces full of beautiful potted plants and at the very top of the buidling is a terrace with a sweeping view of the Marsalese countryside. We took a nice walk after dinner looking at the star lit sky and the view. I highly recommend this restaurant, for a business dinner, a celebration, even a romantic dinner. The chef is young, he will get bolder. Thank you Emanuele for a beautiful evening :)

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Milan
“amazing location and incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We went to the Lumie because we knew Emanuele,the cook and owner , from the previous restaurant he was working for and we have always liked his cooking. This time the night went beyond our expectations. The location is amazing with a a breathtaking view on the Egadi and the food is simply fantastic. The niceness and professionality of the staf has made the rest. We will definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food