“Best Stay In All Of Italy!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Firenze 48, 55044 Marina Di Pietrasanta, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
San Jose, California
“Best Stay In All Of Italy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was my first trip to Italy, but it definitely will NOT be my last! Thanks to staying at the Hotel Venezia in Marina Di Pietrasanta, I fell in love with this country.

LOCATION - The location is SUPERB. Of all the Italian cities I visited on this trip, (which included Rome, Florence, Venice, Pisa and Rimini), this was my VERY FAVORITE! Why? Well first off the scenery is simply gorgeous with lovely tree-lined streets, beautiful upscale homes, charming shops and eateries, and a long stretch of pristine soft sand beach. Hotel Venezia has bicycle for you to check out so that you can explore, after you've had your fill of the pool of course (everything is within a 5-10 minute bike ride from the hotel.) Seriously, the location is all that you would wish for in an authentic Italian summer vacation getaway.

AMBIANCE – The staff is incredibly attentive and professional! I was very impressed by the exceptional service and with how friendly everyone was. Some days I would leave multiple times only to find upon return that my room had been cleaned every time. I spoke to a few of the guests and learned that they were “regulars,” as in guests who returned every summer for years and years. Once you come to Hotel Venezia you’ll want to do the same.

FOOD – I use to think French food was the best, but now I am an Italian convert. You must absolutely try the prosciutto, the cheese, the focacia, the WINE and so much more. We at the hotel multiple times and left with full bellies and smiling faces every time. Oh and the drinks at the bar were delicious too. You must stop in for one of the best morning expresso you’ll ever have!

NIGHT LIFE – Okay, who would have known that a small vacation beach town like this would have such amazing night clubs and such gorgeous people?! By far the best looking crowds I’ve seen in my Italian travels. ;)

In conclusion, I really can’t speak glowingly enough about how wonderful my stay at Hotel Venezia was. I highly recommend for you to come enjoy the experience for yourself!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is the first time I have written a review for a hotel but certainly not the first time experiencing life at the Venezia. We first visited the hotel for my fathers 60th birthday when my first daughter was 2 years old. We had a wonderful time. Each member of the family were happy with their rooms, and the hotel was very accomodating to us having very young familes.Our rooms were very clean , with spacious bathrooms and balcomies overlooking the beautiful pool area , everything spotless and clean.The restaurant provided plenty options for breakfast with fresh friut and cooked breakfast plentiful. Lunch or evening meals also had a variety of options to choose from. In particular , the staff in the restaurant were extremely accomodating when it came to my husbands dietry requirement - vegetarian. This is not the 'norm' for Italians , but I cannot express more how easy they made it , providing my husband with alternatives. It was greatly appreciated. That was nearly 10 years ago. It is suffice to say that my husaband, 2 daughters and me continue to stay here, my older daughter now 11yrs, attending Italian classes each Saturday morning at home, in anticipation of her wekks at the hotel with the friendly staff who greet us so warmly each year. They also provde bike hire which is wonderful when you have children and we can cycle to local towns along the coast or even up to Pietrasanta. If that is too far then to the Pinetas or lovely pier and on returning back, cooling down in the wonderful pool amidst the calm , green gardens. Already the staff have been made aware that the whole family plan to return next year to celebrate my fathers 70th birthday ! A hotel where you are treated like you are the only guests staying and you feel part of their family !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Luca B, Proprietario at Hotel Venezia, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Mrs. and Mr. Campbell,
thank you for your recent review written on trip-advisor.
We are very happy you confirm again your appreciation about our hotel.
We must sincerely say, any time is a real pleasure give hospitality to you and your family, but is a honour for us be part of your good memories and life.
We really look forward to meet you next year especially for such a special occasion.
Please give our regards to your parents and uncles and a special thought and a hug to the young lovely girls.
Silvia
Wales,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at the Venezia recently with my wife for six nights, using it as a base for touring the area. We did not use the restaurant for our evening meals preferring to eat out in the town at different places each evening. I am therefore unable to review the food in the restaurant in the evening however, the breakfasts were plentiful, of good quality if a little boring after a few days. The pool area was spotlessly clean and very quiet most days making it a pleasant place to relax. Our room was spacious, extremely clean with excellent air conditioning. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. In particular the reception staff went out of their way to help me in choosing places to visit and giving directions. All in all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Luca B, Proprietario at Hotel Venezia, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are very glad that you appreciate so much your staying in our Hotel and that you enjoyed some services such as our breakfast, the pool and especially the cleanliness of the rooms.
We always try to do our best to meet our customers wishes and expectations.
We are very happy to read you appreciate the kindness of the staff, afterall most of it is working with us for may years.
We all hope to guest you again in our Hotel.
Best regards,
Luca Baldini
Perugia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is nice and cozy... the room was ok : comfortable, very clean, new bathroom and big enough for 2 people. with tv and a/c and nice balcony. unfortunately there was not fridge.
there is a nice and cool garden with swimming pool and jacuzzi.
the staff is friendly, nice and helpful.
the restaurant very good: menu is varied and the breakfast abundant and with a lot of choice.
the only problem: drinks are really expensive! and they didn't want to give us water from the tap!! they have to give it by law!!
5 euro 1 small national beer is really too much.
if you need a nap in the afternoon can be noisy.
is 500m from the beach and the town center

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

To give a little background I love to travel! I am an American but lived in London for half a year. I have been around the world and have had many awful experiences! In fact, I had been to Italy before but this time around I wanted to see more of the scenery and experience "Italian life" away from convensional tourism. Well, Hotel Venezia exceeded my desires and expectations! Not only is the hotel family owned, which of course provides that sense of Italian hospitality, comfort and gratification. But also this location provides a sense of history because of the archetecture, surrounding plazas as well as the stunning beaches! I was traveling with my partner as well as some friends so whether it is a solo, group or romantic trip I am convinced you will be more than satisfied. The staff is overwhelming helpful yet extremeley professional. The hotel's Italian wine and dinner selections were fantastic. There is also a relaxing bar next to the dinning area where I was able to try local drinks and indulge in Italian culture. The bartender's knowledge of her town was incredible and she had us entertained for hours! The rooms were definitely accomadating and I slept comfortably on the beds. However, the best part about the trip was that I was able to relax at the beaches in Pietransanta but also I enjoyed nightlife ( this was because the staff was very helpful when recommending activities). Secondly, the train station is very close! I visited the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Lucca, Florence and much more. Therefore, you can stay in Pietrasanta for the duration of your trip or split your travels and explore surrounding areas. I can't say more about the staff, the owner and manger although they spoke very little english he made a respectable effort to welcome us into his "home". Yes, the history, good food, and attractions made me fall in love with this city. But when I describe the hotel to my family it was hands down the loyalty, professionalism and kindness of the employees that made this hotel so memorable. You must go!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review!
Knowing that we contributed to an unforgettable holiday makes us honored.
We are happy you appreciated the services of our hotel and the friendliness of the staff, but above all we appreciate you fall in love with our beautiful country.
We hope to have you again as our guest maybe with your family to suggest you many other attractions to be discovered!
Our warmest greetings
Luca Baldini
Cracow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel is in good general condition. Located between high coniferous
trees, with a great view from the sun tarrace on its top floor (great sea &
mountains). The room is spacoius, fresh and well equipped although there is no refrigerator. The sea is pretty close, but for the beach you have to pay a lot...alternatively you can use free public beach 400metres more away-very crowded and not too nice...nothing to be compared with elafonissi or balos beaches on Crete.
The worst thing about hotel is the restaurant atmosfere. Once you arrive
you are assigned to one small table and have to sit there all stay long.
Stiff/serious 'capo' walks around and serves artificial semi-smiles to the guests. If you do
not know how to properly pronounce italian meals' names, he corrects you with
visible irritation and superiority.. Boring breakfast with cold scrambled eggs, and poor salad buffet on dinner (dinner itself is served - not a buffet). Waiters do not speak English communicatively, which further worsens the atmosphere.

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better