We stayed for 7 nights in September 2012, travelling through Thomson.
1. Waiting staff at breakfast and during the day were excellent; helpful and friendly.
2. Room was very clean and bed very comfortable.
3. Pool area is clean and relaxing.
1. Unfriendly reception staff - do not expect a warm welcome.
2. Very expensive drinks (we ordered fresh orange juice at breakfast only to be told when it arrived that we would be charged €6 each!) cocktails start at €10 each so we found a good bar in the town centre for half this price.
3. Pool area is small so guests may have difficulty getting sun beds in high season (there are only about 12)
4. Nothing in the hotel is complimentary - if you want any extras i.e beach or bikes expect to pay €35 for the beach per day and €10 per bike per day,
5. The atmosphere in the hotel is relaxed but we got the impression that the reception staff do not favour English guests. We are in our mid twenties and don't own a mercedes of porche like other guests so we felt a little looked down on.
6. If you get room 301 or 302 ask to move as these rooms have an interconnecting door. We heard every word our noisy neighbours said (even their early morning alarm woke us).
In summary, nice hotel with an impressive level of service from waiting staff and nice decor. However all this was tainted by the hostile receptionists. But if you own a ferrari you will be welcomed with open arms!
- Also Known As:
- Mondial Resort And Spa
- Mondial Hotel
- Mondial Hotel Marina Di Pietrasanta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely restructured with a special attention for detail and for our guests comfort, our Hotel offers a sought after environment, pleasant and relaxing for holiday stays. Also, equipped Conference Rooms for up to 100 attendees, internet point, Wi-Fi in the common areas and free access to internet are ideal for meeting and events in Versilia and a wellness centerAll 40 rooms come with balcony or sea view . Our room inventory includes 20 Classic, 10 Deluxe and 10 Junior Suites ( 5 "Romantic" equipped with Jacuzzi ). Our rooms recall a warm and welcoming contemporary style, where the precious marbles of the baths and the elegant floor in parquet, unite d to the most modern comforters and services conditioned air and heating, minibar, Tv Sat, Sky, direct phone, safe, hairdryer, free access to internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Mondial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.